Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default John Deere - Seat Switch Semi-Disable Help

I've been trying to find a way to disable the kill switch on the seat
WITHOUT disabling killing it while the blade is engaged.

Simply disconnecting the coupling on my John Deere L110 disables the
kill when I get off the seat, but then the engine cuts off when the
blade is engaged.

I disconnected the wire from the blade engage switch that runs to the
seat switch, but now the lawn mower is in super deadly mode, and does
not stop when I get off - even when the blade is running.

I've tried jumping/shoritng various connections in the wires that go
into the seat switch, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated, since I don't want to keep restarting
my lawn mower a few hundred times as I empty the leaves from the bin,
but I also don't want to run the thing in foot-chop mode.

Thanks,
Joe
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On my JD (I have a different model, 300), all I have to do is set the
parking brake and it continues running when I get off the seat but if
the blade is engaged, it shuts down. If the parking brake is not
engaged, it always shuts down when I get out of the seat.

Have you tried setting the parking brake and seen what happens?

-dickm

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:40:58 -0800 (PST), Joe Page
wrote:

[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote:

I've been trying to find a way to disable the killswitchon theseat
WITHOUT disabling killing it while the blade is engaged.

Simply disconnecting the coupling on myJohnDeereL110 disables the
kill when I get off theseat, but then the engine cuts off when the
blade is engaged.

I disconnected the wire from the blade engageswitchthat runs to the
seatswitch, but now the lawn mower is in super deadly mode, and does
not stop when I get off - even when the blade is running.

I've tried jumping/shoritng various connections in the wires that go
into theseatswitch, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated, since I don't want to keep restarting
my lawn mower a few hundred times as I empty the leaves from the bin,
but I also don't want to run the thing in foot-chop mode.

Thanks,
Joe- Hide quoted text -

I guess that's why a user manual would be good to have.
Was able to easily put the machine back the way it was, and that works
just as designed.

Thanks,
Joe
Posted to misc.consumers.house
WDS WDS is offline

On Feb 4, 2:40 pm, Joe Page wrote:
I've been trying to find a way to disable the kill switch on the seat
WITHOUT disabling killing it while the blade is engaged.

On my tractor (not a JD) the engine only dies if it is in gear or the
PTO is engaged. I though that was fairly standard.

Need help with wiring - John Deere 655 Chuck Jurgens Home Repair 23 September 1st 20 09:35 PM
John Deere Question DrDoom Home Repair 3 April 26th 07 04:53 PM
please help, need wiring diagram with John Deere 316 [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 8th 05 06:23 PM
john deere gx355 Jackie Lowe Electronics Repair 4 May 6th 05 02:10 AM
Need HELP with John Deere wiring m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 24th 04 05:58 PM