Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Dirty Sock Syndrome-Is there a solution?

I have lived for 2 years in a new home equipped with a heat pump. We
have discovered that we are experiencing dirty sock syndrome in the
heating season. Is there any solution to this? The heat pump is a
Lennox. Has this problem been brought on by a design flaw of the
unit? I still have a long extended warranty. Will the manufacturer
replace the coil that is causing the problem? Any advice will be
appreciated.
Posted to misc.consumers.house
WDS WDS is offline

On Nov 28, 10:02 pm, (Jack) wrote:
I have lived for 2 years in a new home equipped with a heat pump. We
have discovered that we are experiencing dirty sock syndrome in the
heating season.

"Dirty sock syndrone"?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article
,
WDS wrote:

On Nov 28, 10:02 pm, (Jack) wrote:
I have lived for 2 years in a new home equipped with a heat pump. We
have discovered that we are experiencing dirty sock syndrome in the
heating season.

"Dirty sock syndrone"?

I had to look it up, too. It is bacteria forming on the A-Frame
for the A/C unit inside the furnace or air handler. It is
most often caused by too high of humidity. It can be prevented
by using a U/V air purifier in the furnace. Once the bacteria
starts, it is very hard to clean. There is a new kind of A-frame
that is coated to protect against this, but low bid contractors
rarely put them in.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications