Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Anyone tryed prodex foil-foam-foil insulation?

I'm thinking of using prodex on my kitchen celling. Since the ceiling in
my condo has no insulation My kitchen has drop ceiling with my lights
above the the drop ceiling. so no one can see the prodex insulation. the
prodex has 19db sound block. so it should cut the noise from my up
stares neighborers. has anyone else done this? is it worth doing?
My kitchen is 19x15.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
news
I'm thinking of using prodex on my kitchen celling. Since the ceiling in
my condo has no insulation My kitchen has drop ceiling with my lights
above the the drop ceiling. so no one can see the prodex insulation. the
prodex has 19db sound block. so it should cut the noise from my up stares
neighborers. has anyone else done this? is it worth doing?
My kitchen is 19x15.

Does a drop ceiling count as a firebreak? IIRC, pretty much all those foam
panels like that have to have drywall over them in a living space. (I've
been thinking of using the same stuff in an unheated basemet storage room.)

aem sends...

Posted to misc.consumers.house

aemeijers wrote:
wrote in message
news
I'm thinking of using prodex on my kitchen celling. Since the ceiling in
my condo has no insulation My kitchen has drop ceiling with my lights
above the the drop ceiling. so no one can see the prodex insulation. the
prodex has 19db sound block. so it should cut the noise from my up stares
neighborers. has anyone else done this? is it worth doing?
My kitchen is 19x15.

Does a drop ceiling count as a firebreak? IIRC, pretty much all those foam
panels like that have to have drywall over them in a living space. (I've
been thinking of using the same stuff in an unheated basemet storage room.)

aem sends...

nope. the drop ceiling panels are transparent and frosted so you cant
see Thur them. but they let the light Thur.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
t...
aemeijers wrote:
wrote in message
news
I'm thinking of using prodex on my kitchen celling. Since the ceiling in
my condo has no insulation My kitchen has drop ceiling with my lights
above the the drop ceiling. so no one can see the prodex insulation. the
prodex has 19db sound block. so it should cut the noise from my up
stares neighborers. has anyone else done this? is it worth doing?
My kitchen is 19x15.

Does a drop ceiling count as a firebreak? IIRC, pretty much all those
foam panels like that have to have drywall over them in a living space.
(I've been thinking of using the same stuff in an unheated basemet
storage room.)

aem sends...

nope. the drop ceiling panels are transparent and frosted so you cant see
Thur them. but they let the light Thur.

I'd call your code office and ask- I bet they will tell you that if you put
the foam board up, you have to put a layer of drywall over it. Do you have
access to do that without completely taking down the drop ceiling and and
lights, and then rehanging them below the drywall?

aem sends...