DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Using USB headset with corded phone (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/181196-using-usb-headset-corded-phone.html)

[email protected] November 1st 06 07:44 PM

Using USB headset with corded phone

I have a USB headset that I use for VoIP calls on my PC. I also have a
corded phone. Can I somehow plug by USB headset to use with my corded
phone? Is there an adapter that would let me do that?

LDC November 2nd 06 02:42 AM

On 1 Nov 2006 11:44:40 -0800, wrote:

I have a USB headset that I use for VoIP calls on my PC. I also have a
corded phone. Can I somehow plug by USB headset to use with my corded
phone? Is there an adapter that would let me do that?

When you find a corded phone with a USB port you will be able to plug in
your headset.

Tomes November 4th 06 02:30 AM

Using USB headset with corded phone

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a USB headset that I use for VoIP calls on my PC. I also have a
corded phone. Can I somehow plug by USB headset to use with my corded
phone? Is there an adapter that would let me do that?

I know that there are adapters that go the other way, from a USB Razor phone
jack to a regular headset jack (came with the phone). I would check Radio
Shack or google for it.
Tomes

mrsgator88 November 9th 06 04:27 AM

Using USB headset with corded phone

"Tomes" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a USB headset that I use for VoIP calls on my PC. I also have a
corded phone. Can I somehow plug by USB headset to use with my corded
phone? Is there an adapter that would let me do that?

I know that there are adapters that go the other way, from a USB Razor
phone jack to a regular headset jack (came with the phone). I would check
Radio Shack or google for it.
Tomes

There are adapters for plugging a regular phone into your computer to use
with Skype and other services. You can get them cheap on ebay, and they
really do work. Not only that, many are "dual use" so your phone can still
access the phone line on the wall jack.