Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Whirlpool washer - lid switch malfunction

Hi

I have a 15 year old Whirlpool washer (Model no. LA6800XT). It stopped
spinning with the lid closed. I used a screwdriver in place of the lid
plunger and when I pressed on the plastic lever, the washer started
spinning. So I took the lid switch assembly out (with plastic lever rocking
on a plastic frame tight fitted on the actual switch) without opening up
the washer. When I press the switch button the washer started spinning
fine. I had to open the washer body to put the switch back again. When I
put everything back again, the switch stopped working even with a
screwdriver in place of the lid plunger. I tested the line across the
switch and it closed the line when I pressed the switch button indicating
the switch was working fine. Did I blow a fuse or something when I kept
pressing and releasing the switch. BTW, the washer seems to go through
cycle and fills the tub, it just does not spin.

TIA for any help.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Sorry false alarm. I did not pull the dial to start the washer. It seems to
work when the switch is kept pressed.

I could notget the lod switch to work properly. So taped the switch
permanently pressed. Any problems operating the washer that way (with the
lid closed ofcourse)?

TIA