Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
John Hines

Default fanpower needed to cool house overnight

(Lacustral) wrote:

I'd like to use an exhaust fan (fan from a ceiling grille to outside) to
run overnight in the summer, with the windows open, so that my house is cool
in the morning. I'm not sure how much CFM is needed. I don't want a big
powerful whole house fan because I'd like it to be quiet. Just a small
fan that keeps running overnight.

http://www.quietcoolfan.com/

I've got one of these installed, in a small single floor house. A big
multistory house will require more. Very quiet.

--
If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.