Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Harold Burton

Default What brand back-up generator?

I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?
Posted to misc.consumers.house
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

"Harold Burton" wrote in message
I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?

my son is an electrician apprentice and he says that all the high end homes
are using
generacs.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bob Vaughan

In article ,
Harold Burton wrote:
I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?

Onan

Kohler

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --