Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Crystal Clean "Iron Filter In A Bottle"

I read a previous entry regarding Crystal Clean Resin Cleaner being
dangerous to use in a drinking water system. I am a Crystal Clean user
for over 10 years, and I posed the same question to their factory
recently after I read the post, cause I was worried. Their response
made complete sense and put me back at ease.

Crystal Clean is 100% water soluble, and is completely rinsed out of
the softener during regeneration. The only way Crystal Clean could
ever enter the water to our house would be an impossible water softener
malfunction. This would be evident because the water would taste
salty, so you would not drink it anyways. Even further, my brine tank
holds 10 gallons of salt water. My feed rate of Crystal Clean is only
1/2 ounce per regeneration of diluted concentrate.

So that's 1/2 ounce of diluted Crystal Clean, diluted again in 10
gallons of salt water, which is then pumped to my sink via an almost
impossible softener malfunction. Then I would drink the water, even
though it tasted like sea water. This is what it would take to injest
Crystal Clean. Even if you had taken a few swallows before you
realized the salt water, the product is so diluted, the amount injested
would be inconsequential.

Since we're talking about Crystal Clean, I feel compelled to tell you
of my success with it. I live in Minnesota; home of some of the most
iron well water around. My house gets stained on the outside from
sprinklers, and my showers, toilets, sinks, dogbowls, and laundry were
all orange because we are on a well. My wife's hair was the color of
Ronald McDonald, she used to be a beautiful natural blonde. We simply
did not buy white clothes, and socks could only be worn 3 or 4 times
before we had to throw them out.

I know the stains sound real bad, but even worse was the smell of the
water. It smelled like it was being pumped from the sewer right
through our sinks. We felt less clean after a shower because of the
severe case of rotten egg well water. We brushed our teeth with
bottled water.

My last attempt to solve the problem with a local water professional
netted me nothing more than a $5,000.00 proposal to turn my garage into
a water treatment plant with iron filters, aerators, and chlorination
systems. I have 8ppm of iron, and 15 total hardness. I was leary
because my neighbor has spent over $7,000.00 on treating his water the
same way, and he STILL has stains and odors. The guy that sold him the
system said "Sorry, you just have to deal with it, if our best system
cannot fix it, then nothing will.

Completely dissatisfied with the prospect of spending that kind of
money with no guarantee of how long it might work, I did an online
search and found the Crystal Clean system. At first it sounded too
good to be true, but they offered a full money back guarantee and their
website was very informative ( www.crystalclean.us ), so I decided to
try it since the system was only $189.00.

The results i can describe in one word AMAZING!! After about two
weeks, my smell dissappeared. I was so excited that I decided to clean
the stains again from the sinks and toilets just to see how long it
took for them to come back. THEY NEVER CAME BACK!!

Apparently, a water softener is the best iron filter around. The only
problem is cleaning the iron out during regeneration. Using iron out,
resup, softener guard, and the iron addative salt simply are not strong
enough to clean the softener of all iron. As a result just like a
filter, the softener resin gets filled with trapped iron, and the
softener gradually loses efficiency and the stains slowly return. Then
worst of all, iron bacteria forms in the water softener because it eats
the trapped iron in the softener, which makes the water smell like
rotten eggs.

This is exactly why everyone is trying to sell iron filters to
pre-filter the iron before it gets to the softener, because once in the
softener, its stuck. Crystal Clean simply solves this problem because
it's strong enough to get all the iron out, thereby allowing a water
softener to deal with iron just as easily as all the other hardness
minerals.

If you've got iron, your crazy not to try Crystal Clean for under $200
before you spend $5,000.00 on a system with no money back guarantee!!!

Bob J.

Replacing a Whole House Water Filter Way too Frequently DarMan Home Repair 32 January 20th 06 12:46 PM
Usual water filter rootep Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 07:38 AM
how to keep filter media on Jet & other DCs clean [email protected] Woodworking 10 February 14th 05 08:55 PM
Diatomaceous earth pool filter: How often to clean? The Chairman Home Repair 8 January 22nd 05 05:09 AM
Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM