Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

Default Please recommend the Best Automatic Pool cleaner for my pool - I provided details of my pool

This is my setup

Pool size: 16 x 32
Type: Concrete and Fiberglass (top part of pool is fiberglass).
Age: Aprox 25 years.
Return lines: 2 Jets (recently upgraded from one jet to two).
Bottom Drain: Just installed.
Equipment: New Sand filter
Pump: new 1.5HP pump

Obstacles in pool:

- Pool has metal stairs that attach to a wall in the pool.
- Deep end has a ledge half way up.

I recently added a Solar Panel and I cover the pool with a solar
blanket at all times when I am not using it.

At the end of the summer there are a lot of leaves and in general there

is a lot of dirt that gets in to the pool because of my surroundings.

I'm looking for the best Automatic cleaner to suit those specific
needs.

Someone mentioned the Maytronics Orion, and I'm still looking for more
feedback and advice for the best cleaning solution.

I guess the best solution would have to be able to work properly with
the solar blanket on, this would be preferable.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming
Bob

I saw a Maytronics "Dolphin 2001" automatic pool vacuum at someone's house
once. It only used an electric cord and no suction hose. The woman said she
bought it at a place called Water Specialties, and that it worked great.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming

We have a Hayward navigator and have been really pleased with it.
Don't mind sweeping the swimout and sun shelf....navigator really does
keep the pool clean. Watch for specials and buy one when they are on
sale.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.swimming
CKI

Hayward, Navigator is simple to setup and works great. Cleans better than I
did cleaning with a regular pool vacuum. Only downside is that small rocks
will get caught in the drive mechanisms.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Someone send me an email recommending the Polaris 360.

Here is what they had to say, I would appreciate any opinions on it.

The Polaris 360 does not require a dedicated return line, however it
does connect into an existing return line. The other models of Polaris
such as the 180, 280, & 380 require a dedicated return line. As long
as you have a minimum of 1.5HP inground pump and atleast 1 return line
you can operate the Polaris 360. It's a good cleaner especially for
the price.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Elliott Plack

We have had the same Polaris for about 8 years with no issues. I'm not
sure of the model, other than it's blue, connects to the jet only, and
has a mesh bag on top that you just have to empty every now and again.
I looked at the website and believe it is the 180. It requires its own
small pump near the filter, but it's a great deal.

I have it on a timer so that I just leave it hooked in to the jet all
day and night, and then around dark, it comes on and cleans the pool
all night. It cleans steps and despite being a master of how things
work, I cant figure out how it works with no power.

Like I said, it uses no electricity and yet somehow it keeps track of
every inch of the pool. It also can come to the surface, like a
surfacing whale, and then get onto steps and even into the skimmer
entrance. Sometimes it gets stuck in the ladder but they make plastic
slats that block it from doing so.

I would recommend this one 10 fold. I use the pool as a target for BB
guns and it will easily pick up 100s of the relatively heavy BBs
quickly. It will pick up rocks, leaves, dead frogs, and even dirt
(How?!?!). Go to a pool store and ask about it.