Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

pj

Default Electric chainsaw

I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired. Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj
Savvy 1

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

SteveB

"Savvy 1" nospam@nospam wrote in message
"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

I know the answer, and I'm not telling ....... neener, neener, neener

Fred

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Avoid the one with non-metal gear, that's a common problem with gears
stripping. Avoid the cordless too if you cut more than a few branches.
Makita and Milwaukee makes some good electric ones.

Harry

I have had plenty of success with electric chain saws. I hate the noise
and smell of gas chain saws. Also all the pulling is hard on my arms.

My most recent electric chain saw is a neat one I bought at Home Depot
for $88. It is a remington. The saw is on the end of a 15 foot pole. It
does a great job for trimming branch 20 feet in the air. No more
climbing up a ladder. Also the saw can be taken off the pole to be used
as a normal chain saw.

I have a big lot - so I just ran a remote outlet about 100 feet away
from the house - so now I can cut about 200 feet from the house with an
extension cord.

Harry

Savvy 1

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

I know the answer, and I'm not telling ....... neener, neener, neener

......or-- I recall this article but didn't really read it but you can check
it out if you're interested....Stevie the Nitwit