DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric chainsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/122366-electric-chainsaw.html)

pj September 27th 05 12:07 PM

Electric chainsaw

I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired. Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Savvy 1 September 27th 05 01:52 PM

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

SteveB September 27th 05 03:41 PM

"Savvy 1" nospam@nospam wrote in message
"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

I know the answer, and I'm not telling ....... neener, neener, neener

Fred September 27th 05 06:44 PM

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Avoid the one with non-metal gear, that's a common problem with gears
stripping. Avoid the cordless too if you cut more than a few branches.
Makita and Milwaukee makes some good electric ones.

Harry September 27th 05 07:46 PM

I have had plenty of success with electric chain saws. I hate the noise
and smell of gas chain saws. Also all the pulling is hard on my arms.

My most recent electric chain saw is a neat one I bought at Home Depot
for $88. It is a remington. The saw is on the end of a 15 foot pole. It
does a great job for trimming branch 20 feet in the air. No more
climbing up a ladder. Also the saw can be taken off the pole to be used
as a normal chain saw.

I have a big lot - so I just ran a remote outlet about 100 feet away
from the house - so now I can cut about 200 feet from the house with an
extension cord.

Harry

Savvy 1 September 27th 05 08:38 PM

"pj" wrote in message
I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired.
Any
input on what may be a better model?
-- pj

Consumer Reports rated them all within the last year or so.

S1

I know the answer, and I'm not telling ....... neener, neener, neener

......or-- I recall this article but didn't really read it but you can check
it out if you're interested....Stevie the Nitwit

Luke September 28th 05 08:29 PM

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:07:35 GMT, (pj) wrote:

I'm in the market for an electric chainsaw ... can't handle a gas-fired. Any
input on what may be a better model?

I've been happy with the Craftsman 16 in. Model #341151. Paid about
$80 at Sears on sale. It handles well, uses very little oil, balance
is pretty good, solid enough and cuts fast enough to take down small
trees with trunk diameter of 12-16+", cutting smaller branches and
logs is a breeze.

--
Luke
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that they would try to use
an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."
-- Condoleeza Rice, May 16, 2002