Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Looking for a trouble free tree

Looking for a trouble free tree

Thanks for your earlier replies...

My aunt ( a very old person) has a house in California...

She has had the home over 18 years now.

She is going to kill the 2 trees because the roots are impacting the
foundation of the home and lifting the concrete. One the trees had
roots that popped up all over the lawn...

But she is going to plant another (young) tree in front portion of the
home.

What tree should she plant ?

She does not want another tree whose roots will trouble her a few years
down the line.

Can anyone suggest a trouble free tree?

Thanks
Rita