Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Want opinions on Heatilator fireplace

My builder recommended and installed a Heatilator fireplace. From my
cursory look at this unit, it looks like a piece of junk. The wire
curtain supplied that you can draw across the front will not slide
well on the tracks and the lever for opening and closing the flue
interfers with the curtains and even prevents you from closing one
side without a lot of trouble. I looked at the flue and it looks like
the small amount of water that has come down the stack after
installation have already started the flue rusting. Am I in for a lot
of disappointment with this fireplace? At this point I could pull it
out and return it. We haven't closed in the walls so it will come
out. Any opinions will be appreciated. Also, any recommendations of
better units will be appreciated. Thanks

It is A42R

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:02:11 GMT, "Travis Jordan"

My builder recommended and installed a Heatilator fireplace. From my
cursory look at this unit, it looks like a piece of junk. The wire

Heatilator makes a wide spectrum of fireplaces, from low-end to
high-end.

What is the model number of your fireplace?

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:21:08 GMT, someone wrote:

My builder recommended and installed a Heatilator fireplace. From my
cursory look at this unit, it looks like a piece of junk.

Its your house so if you don't like it, don't let the internet talk
you into keeping it. Get one you like, you are the one who will have
to live with it.

Finish Nailer opinions?? Ol' Texan Woodworking 5 January 17th 05 11:42 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
opinions on machine suppliers michael Metalworking 0 July 31st 04 08:16 PM
Wagner Contractor sprayers opinions Dave Home Repair 2 July 2nd 04 12:20 AM
Opinions on computer home design software Jeff Home Repair 0 January 16th 04 04:27 AM