Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Michael Bushey

Default Pressure Washers

I want to buy a gasoline pressure washer. Living in rural Maine there are not
to many dealers or service centers. Home Depot has a 3000 psi unit from Ryobi
with a 7 hp subaru engine. This unit has a three year guarantee but the
guarantee is from home depot. None of our local small engine shops will
service it.

We do have a John Deer dealer who sells pressure washers even though the
dealer seems to know little about the machine. The plus is that they fix them
on site and the machine is noticeably heavier duty but it costs $899 versus $
500 for the Home Depot machine.

Does anyone have experience with either of theses units?

Travis Jordan

Michael Bushey wrote:
I want to buy a gasoline pressure washer. Living in rural Maine there
are not to many dealers or service centers. Home Depot has a 3000 psi

Is Sears (Craftsman) an option? Do you have a nearby repair center?

mbushey

Yes there is a Sears here but of the few reviews I could find Craftsman
washers were the worst. I do know that Sears service here is very slow.

Travis Jordan

mbushey wrote:
Yes there is a Sears here but of the few reviews I could find
Craftsman washers were the worst. I do know that Sears service here
is very slow.

The joys of rural living, eh?

I bought an Excel washer (6hp B&S engine) a few years ago and it has
been trouble free. OTOH I don't use it all that much, maybe 25 hours /
year. I'm sure you know that the injector pump is the most important
part of the washer, and that you should only consider pumps that are
solid brass.