Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Selecting wall tiles for a shower.

I am looking for wall tiles to finish one of my showers. I have
narrowed my selection to 2 tiles. The first one is a high gloss white
tile, with some nice inserts to liven up the design. The other choice
(and my preffered color and pattern) is a sandy beige tile, in a matte
finish. The store I visited said that matte finish tiles were designed
to be used in a shower, but I am concerned about that fact that they
are a matte finish. Will I end up with a maintenance headache??
Glossy tiles are easy to clean... soap and water deposits come off
easy. Will the same hold true for the matte tiles? The tiles are
slightly textured (like a very fine sand finish). Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MM

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for wall tiles to finish one of my showers. I have
narrowed my selection to 2 tiles. The first one is a high gloss white
tile, with some nice inserts to liven up the design. The other choice
(and my preffered color and pattern) is a sandy beige tile, in a matte
finish. The store I visited said that matte finish tiles were designed
to be used in a shower, but I am concerned about that fact that they
are a matte finish. Will I end up with a maintenance headache??
Glossy tiles are easy to clean... soap and water deposits come off
easy. Will the same hold true for the matte tiles? The tiles are
slightly textured (like a very fine sand finish). Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MM

matte tiles are harder to clean, but don't show water spots as easily

I would do matte white (with gray grout), not beige, beige IMO always
looks dingy.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and opinions. I have decided to
go with the matte tiles... I guess time will tell which was the correct
choice.

Thanks

MM

oups.com...