Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Default Looking for simple and reliable voltage doubler 12-24v

Hello as the topic says i'm looking for a simple design for a 12 to 24 volt
convereter. I have been looking around and realize that there are charge
pumps, transfomer methods and inductor methods to use. When it comes down
to it i need up to .5 amps at the 24 volts and it needs to be reliable and
not sensitive to mechanical vibrations (to be mounted on something similar
to a gocart and run off of the 12 volt system) The smaller the package the
better no more than two cubic inches or so. This will be used to drive two
air solenoid valves for shifting and clutching. Any recomendations are
welcome. I know there are many maxim chips that are very much suitable for
the application but for some reason i feel somewhat hesitant to go the route
of a single IC. thanks in advance

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:59:20 -0500, "rkremser"
wrote:

Hello as the topic says i'm looking for a simple design for a 12 to 24 volt
convereter. I have been looking around and realize that there are charge
pumps, transfomer methods and inductor methods to use. When it comes down
to it i need up to .5 amps at the 24 volts and it needs to be reliable and
not sensitive to mechanical vibrations (to be mounted on something similar
to a gocart and run off of the 12 volt system) The smaller the package the
better no more than two cubic inches or so. This will be used to drive two
air solenoid valves for shifting and clutching. Any recomendations are
welcome. I know there are many maxim chips that are very much suitable for
the application but for some reason i feel somewhat hesitant to go the route
of a single IC. thanks in advance

---
2.7 cubic inches:

http://vicorwebapps.vicorpower.com/upc/FirstGenDCDCInit

Google "DC to DC converter and you'll probably find just what you're
looking for without having to build anything.

--
JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

rkremser wrote:
This will be used to drive two air solenoid valves for shifting and clutching.

The solenoid valves I have seen have 2 parts:
the valve body and the coil.
You select the coil according to the voltage source you have
available.
Is getting a coil of the proper voltage not an option?

Range Doubler meter mm Electronics Repair 5 November 21st 06 05:26 AM
Range Doubler meter mm Electronics 0 November 13th 06 04:26 PM
We provide any voltage 12V 14V 15V 16V 18V 19V 20V 24V 30V, and any Amps power supply LCDpayless Electronics Repair 0 October 25th 06 06:03 PM
24V dc to 24V ac Aidan UK diy 26 September 27th 05 02:10 AM
Looking for a voltage doubler circuit Gunner Electronics 1 January 1st 04 07:29 AM