Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jayson

Default Circuitry Ideas (Help scare the crap out of ghost hunters)

Ok..

First, thank you for even reading this post, as I know I am not a regular
(infact I don't recall posting here ever before, though I might have). That
being said.. onto the details.

A local message forum of car ethusiasts were chatting about local
"ghost/haunted sightings"... and long story short, have decided to visit a
particular "haunted" place at a particular time on a particular day to "hunt
some ghosts.."

I'm looking for relatively inexpensive ways to achieve operation, "make
ghost hunters crap themselves..." Who's with me?

I was thinking simple things such as yellow LED's (not the superbright clear
type) glowing when fishing line is "tripped" (removing a piece of plastic
between two metal poles, thus completing the circuit type of thing) to give
the appearance of eyes (but would be nice to throw on a sound circuitry as
well which would give a "shhhhhhewwww" type of sound or something else half
believable)... but staying on continuously is definitely NOT a good thing..
so a timed circuit in which the "shhhheww" sound (or whatever) would play,
end and the eyes would be lit for a total of maybe 10 seconds...

I'm no electrical engineer at all.. however, I have made my own PCB's and
following circuits from Electronics Handbook (when it was around and if it
still is then no one carries it around here) and I solder/desolder quite
often. In other words, I'm not intimidated at all by following a schematic
and building the circuit.

I have three wireless 9v driven camera's (spy cams) already, which I plan to
utilize as well in hopes to get videos of these "ghost hunters" hopefully
getting the crap scared out of them... which of course would expeditiously
made into a MPG or AVI for all of you to view.. My way of saying,
"thank you for your help"...

Also, any ideas are welcome as well... I would LOVE for this to be a
"success" (for US that is..)

TIA!!!

Jayson
jayson_hansen at hotmail dot com

Jayson

Sorry. I should have been more precise, I wrote this in a very fast manner
anxious to start receiving replies.

The cameras are just 2GHz cameras that run off of a 9v battery (I will
probably run them from 4 D cell batteries to ensure it has plenty of power
to last the entire evening). The receivers also run off of 9v and have only
a video composite output (no audio feed of any kind on these). The "place"
mentioned is in the middle of a forest more less.. so only a laptop can be
used.. I'm not sure how I will go about collecting the video feeds, but, I'm
working on that as they aren't wifi (the 2ghz is a proprietary signal
frequency, no 802 standards here) and they don't have Bluetooth either.

As for the "metal poles" I suppose I meant metal leaf's basically a piece of
plastic wedged between two metal contacts, the plastic piece attached to a
fishing line with its other end tied to a tree, so when tripped, removes the
plastic thus completing the circuit as a result of the two metal contacts
then coming into contact with one another.

"Jayson" wrote in message
[...]

Jasen Betts

On 2005-10-10, Jayson wrote:
Ok..

[...]

use a small tape player (the kind that uses 2xAA batteries) you can run that
off the same power source as the LEDs, if you wind it back 10 seconds before
the end of the tape there's your 10 seconds delay, (you'll probably have to
shorten the blank leader in the cassette so the sound doesn't stop too
suddenly) if it does auto-stop you can use when the play button pops up to
turn off the LEDs.

if you can get a sound recording with lots of sub bass in it and a good big
powered sub woofer and hook that up to the tape player that'll chill 'em
pretty well

--

Bye.
Jasen