Electronics (alt.electronics)

Joe Bloggs

Default Joining a RF Tx & Rx together

Hi,

I need to make an 433MHz transceiver that is running half duplex.
I have a separate transmitter and receiver but I need both of these to share
the same external aerial.
Question is, how do I join the two?
If I were to just connect the two together I would think that I could
potentially cause damage to the receiver by over loading the front end and
also possibly damage the transmitter by placing to heavy a load on it ??

Thanks,
Neil.

John Fields

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:24:41 GMT, "Joe Bloggs"
wrote:

Hi,

I need to make an 433MHz transceiver that is running half duplex.
I have a separate transmitter and receiver but I need both of these to share
the same external aerial.
Question is, how do I join the two?
If I were to just connect the two together I would think that I could
potentially cause damage to the receiver by over loading the front end and
also possibly damage the transmitter by placing to heavy a load on it ??

---
Why can't you use an appropriate relay?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
DBLEXPOSURE

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to make an 433MHz transceiver that is running half duplex.
I have a separate transmitter and receiver but I need both of these to
share the same external aerial.
Question is, how do I join the two?
If I were to just connect the two together I would think that I could
potentially cause damage to the receiver by over loading the front end and
also possibly damage the transmitter by placing to heavy a load on it ??

Thanks,
Neil.

You need a UHF Circulator

http://www.procom-dk.com/component/d...rs-circulators

Bruce

I need to make an 433MHz transceiver that is running half duplex.
I have a separate transmitter and receiver but I need both of these to
share the same external aerial.
Question is, how do I join the two?
If I were to just connect the two together I would think that I could
potentially cause damage to the receiver by over loading the front end and
also possibly damage the transmitter by placing to heavy a load on it ??

Thanks,
Neil.

The easiest route is to just us an RF switch IC. Here's a datasheet on the
Philips
SA630 RF switch.
http://www.semiconductors.philips.co...eets/SA630.pdf

We use this particular unit.

Peregrine Semi has several antenna switches also, but I've never used them.
http://www.peregrine-semi.com/conten...ss_pe4243.html

Regards,

Bruce
http://www.rentron.com

Joining kitchen worktops Dave UK diy 6 July 6th 05 10:53 PM
joining tails and SWA cables [email protected] UK diy 2 May 12th 05 10:43 PM
Joining armoured cable wmt UK diy 3 May 2nd 05 06:08 PM
Electrical: Joining Wires Wes Stebbins Home Repair 29 April 7th 05 10:19 PM
Joining co-axial cable outdoors Peter Crosland UK diy 45 September 17th 03 04:50 PM