Electronics (alt.electronics)

Mike Rothe

Default capacitor or something to provide steady 110V to stop breakersfrom blowing

You could try using an isolation transformer (110V to 110V) this would not deliver a greater amperage than what the breaker is rated for, but may solve a GFI problem. I have heard of a device that indoor grow ops are using now to prevent brown outs in their neighborhoods when their lights turn on. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I believe what it does is somehow draws power from a few AC cycles then slowly increases the number of cycles it draws from until it is running at the full 60 Hz (I think), another thing you could do (maybe) is connect to a second outlet in another lot, I would think that each trailer is on it's own breaker (BE VERY CAREFUL doing this as you may end up crossing hots, or even worse if the plug in the park is wired wrong you could pump 220V into your system!). I'm pretty sure that all capacitors would do is shift the AC phase, maybe a UPS might solve the problem.

Hello All,

We have a converted bus and when we travel we mostly plug into regular 15

20 amp outdoor GFI outlets. We have a few lights, RV frig, few heaters,

bat
chargers, etc and this almost always blows the breaker at the outlet we

are
plugged into.

Does anyone know of any products or perhaps someone can help me make
something using high power capacitors that will deliver greater amperage

for
our bus while only drawing up to 15-20 amps from the source?

Thanks In Advance!

Pat Ziegler

"Mike Rothe" wrote in message
[...]

Are you blowing the breaker or tripping the GFI?

If you are tripping the GFI you might have a problem with one of your
appliances and that needs to be fixed before some gets hurt. Unplug
everthing, connect to the GFI outlet. If all is well then start plugging
in the appliances one at a time to see which one trips the GFI. Then have
that one checked out by a tech.

If you are blowing breakers then you are drawing too much current. You'll
have to shed some load or at least manage it. don't use the hair dryer and
the TV at the same time or whatever.

Pat Ziegler

Wholesale Electronics Inc.

www.weisd.com

Dré Jansen

Hi,

you want more power in short time.
most of the time you use far less than the max alowed power.
sometimes you need more than alowed, then the fuse blows.

use a battery charger that is limmitted for the max current.
connect this to an set of batteries, the higer the voltage, the lesser the
current.
you can use 48 V= (4 truck accu's in serial)
use an DC to AC converter, the 48V= to 110V AC
the supply socket never gives more than allowed.
you can always use the power you need
all these products are commonly avaleble in Europe, but i guess also in your
country.
you can use low voltage AND high voltage in the same time.

sucses!
--

Groeten, Dré Jansen

"Pat Ziegler" schreef in bericht