Dave_s

Default TEK 475 scope STOPPED

Hi Hugh,

My favorite old TEK 475 Scope has suddenly stopped working.
Symptoms a
No trace, screen is blank, intensity and focus control do
nothing.
Beam Finder shows a dim small circle middle of screen.
When power is turned off, circle like BEAM FINDER same size is
visble
and bright for a breif moment.
Panel LEDS are lighted and do respond to switches being changed.
Screen graticule cannot be seen.

Any suggestions are welcome. I currently do not have an adequate
service manual, only OPERATORS MANUAL and just module layout and parts
list. I am looking but cannot find the TEKTRONIX scope forum. Lacking a
schematic is really flying blind.
Will find cost of a complete SERVICE MANUAL.

I've really not had good luck with USED scopes lasting for years. Have
not had this scope very long. But it worked well while I had it. At the
moment, I'm up to arm pits in many tasks so starting scope servicing is
not what I wanted to start. My OLD antqiue TEK scope is still wroking
which is a life saver.

MAybe I'll get lucky and find a blown fuse??????????????

73, W6MIK, dave