Sparkey

Default Sony PS/2 Laser Problems ?

Greetings:

I've got 2 SPCH-50001 playstations to repair.

Is there anything that can be done for laser problems for
these things ?
One of them will not read a disc at all ("disc error")
and the other will play games and CD's, but not DVD's.
I did the old lens cleaning and the clean/lube of sled rails,
sucked out all the dust, I know the spindle motor seems to be

turning fine too.

The electronics for the opto seems to be buried under shielding
and not easy to acess.

I could use a little advice,

Carl

JMK

The PS2's are notorious for laser problems. Usually the only thing that
helps is a replacement laser unit.

Jan
Finland

--
jankro (@) saunalahti (.) fi
Please notice my new address!
"Sparkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings:

I've got 2 SPCH-50001 playstations to repair.

Is there anything that can be done for laser problems for
these things ?
One of them will not read a disc at all ("disc error")
and the other will play games and CD's, but not DVD's.
I did the old lens cleaning and the clean/lube of sled rails,
sucked out all the dust, I know the spindle motor seems to be

turning fine too.

The electronics for the opto seems to be buried under shielding
and not easy to acess.

I could use a little advice,

Carl

Sparkey

Jan;

Is it a difficult job to replace the laser in a PS/2 ?

Do you know what the part $ is round about ?
Thanks,
Carl

JMK (@ .) wrote:
The PS2's are notorious for laser problems. Usually the only thing

that
helps is a replacement laser unit.

Jan
Finland

--
jankro (@) saunalahti (.) fi
Please notice my new address!
Osoitteeni on muuttunut, oikea on yll=E4.
"Sparkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings:

I've got 2 SPCH-50001 playstations to repair.

Is there anything that can be done for laser problems for
th ese things ?
One of them will not read a disc at all ("disc error")
and the other will play games and CD's, but not DVD's.
I did the old lens cleaning and the clean/lube of sled rails,
sucked out all the dust, I know the spindle motor seems to be

turning fine too.

The electronics for the opto seems to be buried under shielding
and not easy to acess.

I could use a little advice,

Carl

Sony monitor problems! Craig Hart Electronics Repair 2 October 25th 04 04:59 AM
Sony TV problems Iain Gordon UK diy 22 November 2nd 03 07:04 PM
AG 7350 and Sony Editor ? Qustion for Sony god's or Panasonic god's. Approx Electronics Repair 0 October 29th 03 01:39 AM
Sony G500 Monitor Repair Bob Electronics Repair 1 July 24th 03 05:52 AM
Sony G500 Monitor Repair bigmike Electronics Repair 0 July 23rd 03 10:01 AM