rbdenham

Default Mitsubishi big screen picture goes black

My 60" Mitsubishi rear projection screen is beginning to black out.
The power button says the tv is on, and there is sound, but the screen
looks to be powered off. If I wait a few minutes, I can power the tv
back on, and the screen returns...and then, turns itself back off after
an extened period. In general, I have no problems with the screen. It
is clear, nice color..doesn't seem to have any problems other than it
starting to black out. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be? Is
it expensive to fix?

Jerry G.

There is a very good chance that the fault can be in the power supply, and
or one of the scan circuits are failing, due to a few parts that have become
off their values. These types of faults are due to age and use.

You should call in a service rep who is familiar with your make and model of
set. He would be able to give you a proper estimate for the repairs.

Without proper details it is impossible for anyone to tell you anything
reliable about your set's state of condition. Some of these repairs are very
reasonable in cost, while the more difficult types can be rather expensive.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"rbdenham" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 60" Mitsubishi rear projection screen is beginning to black out.
The power button says the tv is on, and there is sound, but the screen
looks to be powered off. If I wait a few minutes, I can power the tv
back on, and the screen returns...and then, turns itself back off after
an extened period. In general, I have no problems with the screen. It
is clear, nice color..doesn't seem to have any problems other than it
starting to black out. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be? Is
it expensive to fix?

Jeff Rigby

"rbdenham" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 60" Mitsubishi rear projection screen is beginning to black out.
The power button says the tv is on, and there is sound, but the screen
looks to be powered off. If I wait a few minutes, I can power the tv
back on, and the screen returns...and then, turns itself back off after
an extened period. In general, I have no problems with the screen. It
is clear, nice color..doesn't seem to have any problems other than it
starting to black out. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be? Is
it expensive to fix?

Model #??? Can you still get a menu on screen when the picture is black????

Leonard Caillouet

Could be anything from a relatively inexpensive bad solder joint to a
catastrophic repair. No way to even speculate intelligently without at
least a model number.

Leonard

oups.com...