John

Default TV goes to standby

I have a tv thats a panasonic tx25x1 it started to switch itself off and go
to stand by and wouldn't come back on again for a few minutes. I looked the
problem up on the internet and found this page.
http://fileshare.eshop.bg/repair_tip...sonic_020.html

In the description the fault I have "int goes to st/by" and says the
solution is to "check 2 x 270k in pri psu & STR54041"

Can anyone explain what this means? and how serious is it to fix?

John wrote:
I have a tv thats a panasonic tx25x1 it started to switch itself off

and go
to stand by and wouldn't come back on again for a few minutes. I

looked the
problem up on the internet and found this page.
http://fileshare.eshop.bg/repair_tip...sonic_020.html
In the description the fault I have "int goes to st/by" and says the
solution is to "check 2 x 270k in pri psu & STR54041"
Can anyone explain what this means? and how serious is it to fix?

John:
As the repair hint said:
check the 270K resistors in the primary Power Supply and
check the STR54041 (voltage regulator chip) .... in other words
you will need test equipment, knowhow, repair experience, electronics
knowledge, tools, proper replacement parts, etc.
Now you should understand that this is NOT neccessarily the solution
for the problem with your television, you might get lucky BUT there are
dozens of other faults that can cause the exact same symptom. There
is no shortcut to the old fashion way of troubleshooting and repairing
televisions.
I am a little more than concerned that if you did not know how to
decipher the repair hint then maybe you shouldn't be inside the
television... lots of dangerous and lethal electrical shock hazards
inside.
Be careful and good luck. ... maybe take your TV to a service shop for
a repair cost estimate BEFORE you get in there and maybe make matters
worse (i.e. more expensive to fix)
electricitym
..
..

Jerry G.

Since you have to ask this type of question, I would think you should take
the set to a service centre to have it repaired. There are too many safety
issues involved for you to do this type of work. These sets can be lethal.
The tech at the service centre would even tell you this, if you want to
confirm it.

They are recommending to check two particular 270 K resistors, and the main
switching driver power IC. You will need the proper training, service
manual, and the test equipment to work on this.

Take the set to a service centre and have the work done safely and properly.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"John" wrote in message
I have a tv thats a panasonic tx25x1 it started to switch itself off and go
to stand by and wouldn't come back on again for a few minutes. I looked the
problem up on the internet and found this page.
http://fileshare.eshop.bg/repair_tip...sonic_020.html

In the description the fault I have "int goes to st/by" and says the
solution is to "check 2 x 270k in pri psu & STR54041"

Can anyone explain what this means? and how serious is it to fix?

Thirsty

A relative had a tv that would switch itself on, at any hour in
the night. I found the sensor that receives input from the remote
control, had the equivalent of silver migration to nearby traces.
Problem was solved by cleaning the nearby traces with a pencil
eraser.