Ken H

Default Zenith pots on CRT neck

To the group,

Doing some advanced adjustments on my Digital HDTV C30W47.

Similar models are C30W46, C32V37, C32V36, C32V46, C34W37

There are three pots on a PCB on the neck of the Tube near the coil.

Can someone tell me what these adjustments are for, exactly.

They are labeled: YH, YHC, YV2

Thanks in advance.

Ken
Andy Cuffe

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:47:57 GMT, Ken H
wrote:

To the group,

Doing some advanced adjustments on my Digital HDTV C30W47.

Similar models are C30W46, C32V37, C32V36, C32V46, C34W37

There are three pots on a PCB on the neck of the Tube near the coil.

Can someone tell me what these adjustments are for, exactly.

They are labeled: YH, YHC, YV2

Thanks in advance.

Ken

These sound like dynamic convergence controls. They will affect how
the 3 colors line up over different areas of the screen. Don't touch
them unless you have a cross hatch generator.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

Ken H

Thanks!

I do have a cross hatch generator (Avia DVD).

Now what? Guide me in.

How do I adjust them? Procedure?

My screen has a bluish tint, after someone else adjusted them thinking
they were pincushion adjustment pots.

Need a general procedure. please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

wrote:

To the group,

Doing some advanced adjustments on my Digital HDTV C30W47.

Similar models are C30W46, C32V37, C32V36, C32V46, C34W37

There are three pots on a PCB on the neck of the Tube near the coil.

Can someone tell me what these adjustments are for, exactly.

They are labeled: YH, YHC, YV2

Thanks in advance.

Ken

These sound like dynamic convergence controls. They will affect how
the 3 colors line up over different areas of the screen. Don't touch
them unless you have a cross hatch generator.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

Andy Cuffe

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:47:10 GMT, Ken H
wrote:

Thanks!

I do have a cross hatch generator (Avia DVD).

Now what? Guide me in.

How do I adjust them? Procedure?

My screen has a bluish tint, after someone else adjusted them thinking
they were pincushion adjustment pots.

Need a general procedure. please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Those shouldn't have been able to cause a bluish tint. No TV made in
the last 5 years has pots to adjust that. You could be seeing blue
shadows caused by the blue not lining up with the red and green.

The service manual would tell you exactly what those controls do, but
you should be able to figure it out from their effect on the cross
hatch. Before you do anything, mark their current settings with a
sharpie. They will most likely control how well the red and blue line
up with each other at the edges of the screen.

Andy Cuffe

-- Use this email address first

Ken H

Thanks.