Ed

Default Blinking light on Panasonic PV-DV203D

I seem to have a problem with my Panasonic PV-DV203D.

I looked through the manual and found nothing related.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/PVDV203.PDF[/url]

My power light will be ok initially when turned on, but it will only
do an action (FF, rec, play) for like 1 second before stopping and
switching nearly off and blinking the red LED power light very slowly.
I can turn it off and unplug to make it go away, but I only get
another second out of it.

No warnings, no nothing but crappy behavior.

I tried with a recharded battery and plugged directly into the power
cord, same behavior.

I tried with different tapes just to see, same behavior.

I looked through and searched the manual, nothing.

Any thoughts? Am I screwed out of a $500 (when I bought it)
camcorder?

I tried to contact Panasonic but nothing yet... Still waiting. Will
call Monday. And I am just a week past my one year warranty.

I have seen a few threads on www.camcorderinfo.com but no one appears
to really know what is going on...

Any thoughts? Please help!

howard

Ed Wrote:
I seem to have a problem with my Panasonic PV-DV203D.

Have same problem with mine. Power light blinks TWICE.

I have ordered the service manuals, maybe they will help.

Check out
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/sho...8&page=1&pp=15

Good Luck.

--
howard
howard

Ed Wrote:
I seem to have a problem with my Panasonic PV-DV203D.

!Maybe the following will help. I obtained the manual from

"manualzone.com", about 15 meg file. It lists the relationship between
the flashing Power LED as follows: 1 flash "T-Reel Lock", 2 flashes
"S-Reel Lock", 3 flashes "Unloading lock", 4 flashes, Loading lock and
5 flashes, cylinder lock.. They also noted that it may be a problem
with the F.P.C. [Flexible Printed Circuit] which connects different
boards and operating items on the camera. The service manual shows how
to fix that error, looks fairly simple.

I took the side off my camera, the square plastic part that says "PUSH
Close", fairly easy. You can then see how the camera is loading. Of
course, that fixed the problem, and I have put it back together and it
works fine. I now have a very large PDF file with more data than I
will ever use. But for $20, it was a deal.

--
howard
g.m.j.

I took the side off my camera, the square plastic part that says "PUSH
Close", fairly easy. You can then see how the camera is loading. Of
course, that fixed the problem, and I have put it back together and it
works fine. I now have a very large PDF file with more data than I
will ever use. But for $20, it was a deal.

it was it? only to take off cover and it fixed the problem? i have the
same problemy with my camcorder, can you tell us how to fix it?
howard

g.m.j. Wrote:
, can you tell us how to fix it?

Like I said in my first posting, I got the repair manual which has some
good information, but just taking the side off and putting it back on
worked for me. I have no idea what problems you are having and I am
not a repair person. You might check the FPC (flexible printed
circuit) as it is outlined in the service manual.

--
howard