Sam Goldwasser

Default Supplier for heating elements for old GE stove

I'm still using one of those semi-antique GE range/oven combinations.
It's probably 50 years old but aside from the timer that stripped a gear
many years ago, still works fine.

The problem is that the oven and range elements are becoming harder to find,
at least inexpensively. It used to be that MCM Electronics had them
but no more. Google turns up a couple of suppliers who want 2 or 3 times the
previous prices. Maybe it's just because they are much less in demand
but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has a favorite supplier.
Psrt numbers a WB44X195 (small oven element) and WB30X354 and 356
(range elements).

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Jerry G.

The elements you want are no longer being manufactured for many of these
older types As they get harder to find, the dealers will keep raising
their prices. If you are hard core on keeping this stove, you are best
off to buy a lot of spare parts, or find a scrapper if possible, where
the elements are still good (very rare).

My father in-law had an older stove. He had to give up on it.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
I'm still using one of those semi-antique GE range/oven combinations.
It's probably 50 years old but aside from the timer that stripped a gear
many years ago, still works fine.

The problem is that the oven and range elements are becoming harder to
find,
at least inexpensively. It used to be that MCM Electronics had them
but no more. Google turns up a couple of suppliers who want 2 or 3
times the
previous prices. Maybe it's just because they are much less in demand
but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has a favorite supplier.
Psrt numbers a WB44X195 (small oven element) and WB30X354 and 356
(range elements).

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
Repair | Main Table of Contents:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the
excessive
traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is
ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Kim Clay

On 20 Oct 2004 10:23:17 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

The problem is that the oven and range elements are becoming harder to find,
at least inexpensively. It used to be that MCM Electronics had them
but no more. Google turns up a couple of suppliers who want 2 or 3 times the
previous prices. Maybe it's just because they are much less in demand
but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has a favorite supplier.
Psrt numbers a WB44X195 (small oven element) and WB30X354 and 356
(range elements).

I just go to the local appliance parts place & pay their price (or use
the other burners - that's why they installed 4 huh?). Just happened to
see the first place below on a quick Google search if you wana stock
up...

http://www.mainappliance.com/specials/index.html

WB30X354 ... 8", 3 wire element with trim ring. (1955-1975) $ 19.49 each
WB30X356 ... 6", 3 wire element with trim ring. (1955-1975) $ 16.99 each

They want to sell to "servicers only" & have a $50 min order (See
footnote on page). I'm _sure_ you service these things

My standard price comparison place:
Sears parts: "http://www3.sears.com/"
UNIT 8" L WB30X354 $ 42.99
UNIT 6" L WB30X356 $ 37.99
BAKE UNIT WB44X195 $ 41.49

Baking out those lasers done burnt up the element huh?

Kim Clay

Ken Layton

Most of what MCM sold were Gemline (Gem Products). If you have a
Johnstone Supply (www.johnstonesupply.com) branch office in your area
they would probably have those elements.

Try also these links:

www.appliancepartsresource.com
www.allapplianceparts.com
www.expertappliance.com
www.appliancemagazine.com
www.american-appliance.com
Sam Goldwasser

(Ken Layton) writes:

Most of what MCM sold were Gemline (Gem Products). If you have a
Johnstone Supply (
www.johnstonesupply.com) branch office in your area
they would probably have those elements.

Thanks to all who replied. I have found several placse that have these
elements at somewhat reasonable prices.