Duncan Newell

Default cctv camera probs

Hi all strange problem see if you can come up with a fix.

I have a CCTV camera that i used to run on my SCART on TV or VCR and it
works fine, comes with phono leads so i ran it via a SCART to Phono
converter plug, all ok. I also have had it plugged into my CCTV monitor
directly and thats ok. When i plug it into my CCTV quad i dont get a
picture just lines over screen, so i plug it back into monitor direct and
its ok, plug other cctv cameras in the quad ports and they work fine, what
is up ?
Any ideas ?

Duncan

Stan

}
}I have a CCTV camera that i used to run on my SCART on TV or VCR and it
}works fine, comes with phono leads so i ran it via a SCART to Phono
}converter plug, all ok. I also have had it plugged into my CCTV monitor
}directly and thats ok. When i plug it into my CCTV quad i dont get a
}picture just lines over screen, so i plug it back into monitor direct and
}its ok, plug other cctv cameras in the quad ports and they work fine, what
}is up ?
}Any ideas ?

Is it the same brand/model # as the other working cameras?

Stan.
Jerry G.

Is the camera you are using random interlace, or if it is synchro interlace,
is it locked to the mains for the line frequency?

With most (quad box) split boxes, the camera must be of synchro interlace to
work with a split box. The box also has some synchronizer circuits in it. If
these are defective, the picture will also be running (non synchronized).

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Duncan Newell" wrote in message
Hi all strange problem see if you can come up with a fix.

I have a CCTV camera that i used to run on my SCART on TV or VCR and it
works fine, comes with phono leads so i ran it via a SCART to Phono
converter plug, all ok. I also have had it plugged into my CCTV monitor
directly and thats ok. When i plug it into my CCTV quad i dont get a
picture just lines over screen, so i plug it back into monitor direct and
its ok, plug other cctv cameras in the quad ports and they work fine, what
is up ?
Any ideas ?

Duncan

Duncan Newell

"Jerry G." wrote in message
[...]

The camera is not same as others, its a cheep b/w pin hole type, it works ok
on SCART and directly in monitor but not via the quad.

Thanks

Stan

"Duncan Newell" wrote:

}"Jerry G." wrote in message

} Is the camera you are using random interlace, or if it is synchro
}interlace,

}The camera is not same as others, its a cheep b/w pin hole type, it works ok
}on SCART and directly in monitor but not via the quad.

As Jerry pointed towards, your other cameras are made to work with the
quad system...in that the video timimg in the cameras is "tied" to the
quad switcher, which has "special" circuitry that syncronizes your
cameras. Your cheap camera has no circuitry to use the snyc signals
from the quad switcher, hence the results.

Stan.