steve s

Default left channel cuts out on receiver help please

Hello..I have an old denon dra 425r receiver. The left channel cuts
out...for awhile playing with the vulome knob helped. I also cleaned a few
times..which also helped for awhile...but now it seems to do it more
often...Is this problem worth repairing?....I took it apart and the volume
knob looks fairly easy to replace...if that is what is where the problem is.
I have had this happen to several stereos so it must be a common problem
once they get to be older.....any help would be greatly appreciated..advice
etc...thanks

steve

JVC dude

If the volume crackles when turned then it probably will be the volume
potentiometer. cleaning it with a contact cleaner inc lubricant (not just a
cleaner/degreaser)
will help. If the carbon track is too worn then the only option is to
replace it.

Other cutting out problems may be more due to dry joints around the amp
pcb. since its a fair age there may be fractures, particularly around the
transistors

AW

"steve s" wrote in message
Hello..I have an old denon dra 425r receiver. The left channel cuts
out...for awhile playing with the vulome knob helped. I also cleaned a few
times..which also helped for awhile...but now it seems to do it more
often...Is this problem worth repairing?....I took it apart and the volume
knob looks fairly easy to replace...if that is what is where the problem

is.
I have had this happen to several stereos so it must be a common problem
once they get to be older.....any help would be greatly

appreciated..advice
etc...thanks

steve

Tim Schwartz

Steve,

In addition to a bad volume control or a speaker relay that needs
attention already mentioned by others, I've also seen these units have
bad soldering at the tone and balance control pots. The unit is a
decent sounding 2 channel receiver that could give you many years of
additional service. If its worth repairing, financially speaking, is up
to you.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics