Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default humming CFL

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 3 Jun 2019 04:03:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
I've been listening to a weak FM radio station, on a radio, and 2 feet
away was a desk lamp. It used a CFL and I noticed static or some kind
of interference in the reception. It could be lessened by changing the
frequency a little, but the result was still less volume than when the
light was off.

So I figured, LEDs! They won't make interference. Bought Ecosmart.
Then the radio hummed so loud I couldn't hear the station at all.

I will probably go back to incandescent. Any other way to get rid of
the hum?

The noise you are hearing is the high frequency ac it generates.

You don't have to do leds that way, its easy to have a constant
current linear supply. How easy it is to find something in the
specs on ebay or amazon tho is harder to say but they do exist.

You've gotten too technical for me. Maybe people in the group I added
can tell me where to buy what you're suggesting.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 3 Jun 2019 04:03:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Quite a few sold everywhere are like that.

I use Philips Hues which likely are fine but that
system is very expensive for just the one led light.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 09:18:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I use Philips Hues

I told you already several times, you can shove your Philips Hues up yours,
senile Ozzie pest!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder

humming CFL micky Home Repair 29 June 7th 19 11:47 PM
Humming water main SmileyFace UK diy 35 January 14th 05 07:50 PM
Subwoofer humming Michael Rabeno Electronics Repair 5 October 16th 04 04:49 PM
JBL PSW-D112 loud humming noise Eugen T Electronics Repair 1 January 18th 04 02:11 PM
Humming sound Seeqer Electronics Repair 4 January 14th 04 04:10 AM