Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Leaky Waterpik Ultra

The symptom: the jet doesn't work and water leaks out the bottom.

The 5-minute fix: turn the unit over, release the hose going to the
jet, remove the two screws holding the hose to the housing, pull the
hose connection out and replace the o-ring. If you don't have a new
o-ring, move the old one around and put it back together. Temporary, of
course...

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I got the same problem.

The black plastic is cracked inside ; no sulution except replacement.

Waterpik is rather a good product, but fails with time (5 years max).

The Real Bev a écrit*:
The symptom:* the jet doesn't work and water leaks out the bottom.

The 5-minute fix:* turn the unit over, release the hose going to the
jet, remove the two screws holding the hose to the housing, pull the
hose connection out and replace the o-ring.* If you don't have a new
o-ring, move the old one around and put it back together.* Temporary, of
course...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/14/2018 11:03 AM, Look165 wrote:
I got the same problem.

The black plastic is cracked inside ; no sulution except replacement.

I don't suppose silicone gasket cement would help... Or would it?

The Real Bev a écrit :
The symptom: the jet doesn't work and water leaks out the bottom.

The 5-minute fix: turn the unit over, release the hose going to the
jet, remove the two screws holding the hose to the housing, pull the
hose connection out and replace the o-ring. If you don't have a new
o-ring, move the old one around and put it back together. Temporary, of
course...

--
Cheers, Bev
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the
majority, but to be insane in such a useful way that
they can't commit you." -- Mark Edwards
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The leakage comes from the whole body of the Waterpik.

For me, it came from the head ("mushroom") of the shower.

It is what we call in French "paille" I don't know the exact translation
(straw ? ) in the material of the shower. It is not a problem of gasket
(or o-ring).

The cause can be a shock or a fall.