Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Options for shorted transformer

I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

electaudio at cox Dot net Ask for John.

Is a good rewinder, or will 'built-to-suit' at a reasonable cost.

There must be thousands of Hammond off-the-shelf transformers if you do not need multiple secondaries and multiple primaries.

What are the specific needs?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:55:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

You can buy the replacement power supply on-line.

http://www.cnc-shopping.co.uk/aartac...5a-p-3509.html

If it's running off 240VAC, you could replace it with a generic
switcher that fits, or even a linear if there's room. 24V 2A5 out....

RL
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:00:33 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

Hammond also winds to spec. Expensive, but I've yet to have a Hammond
transformer fail that was operated within its design specs.

Not much you can't replace with the Hammond catalogue on hand and not
worrying about extra un-needed windings.

John :-#)#

I dont know what a CNC is, or what voltages are needed, but I was
recently looking on Ebay for a small transformer and saw more heavy duty
industrial ones than I saw the smaller ones.