Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do they still sell multi-part electrolytic capacitors?

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 12:39:05 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

So Phil, does CE have a time machine that allows them to retrieve
thousands of these same exact cans to fill orders?

** There are not thousands of orders.

did you consider that
someone may have stuck the label on an old can and returned it to CE for
credit?

** No - that is absurd.

Old caps would have used solder lugs and bent support tags.

That's true,

** So there is no way the idea can work.

The metallic label is not transferable without visible damage.

Go **** yourself - idiot.

..... Phil

Wait, you *tried* to remove that particular label back four years ago in anticipation of this discussion?

With a little care, labels are not difficult to cleanly remove in most cases.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

** So there is no way the idea can work.

The metallic label is not transferable without visible damage.

Go **** yourself - idiot.

..... Phil

Wait, you *tried* to remove that particular label back four years ago

** Read the **thread** you trolling, illiterate, ****ing MORON !!!

OTOH, there's no pint - it's all way over a maggot infested, autistic brain like yours.

Go **** your mother.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 12:49:32 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
Some ****wit called Wieck wrote:

Phil is reasoning from one single incident in 2013 (the Fender)
to the general.

** The Fender is irrelevant, the CE cap was **exactly** as pictured in the advertising. A silver metallic label placed over a cap the was corroded out from old age.

Not only that, but as he did not actually purchase the offending
item directly, he has no idea which bin it came from - NOS or New Stock..

** There are no "old stock" ones from CE that look exactly like that ones in the advertising - you LYING PILE Of **** !!!

There are old-stock caps from Mallory and others that CE sells as OLD STOCK CAPS, complete with new shiny label. They sell them mostly to instrument-amp people who have no idea what a cap is supposed to do for the most part, and build legends around "Black Cat" and "Bumble-Bee" and other names, and actually will remove good caps to install old caps.

Likely exactly what happened with your Fender.

Again, reasoning from the specific to the general makes you the idiot. No matter how much invective you throw at the problem, you are still an idiot.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

** There are no "old stock" ones from CE that look exactly like that ones in the advertising - you LYING PILE Of **** !!!

There are old-stock caps from Mallory and others that CE sells as
OLD STOCK CAPS, complete with new shiny label.

** But not like this one:

https://www.cedist.com/products/capa...f-electrolytic

This is EXACTLY the same as the one I opened up.

You are nothing but a vile, lying pile of **** - Wieck.

You a extremely autistic, have zero honesty and are completely ****ED in the head.

Evil pigs like you need to die a horrible death.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 6:14:06 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

** So there is no way the idea can work.

The metallic label is not transferable without visible damage.

Go **** yourself - idiot.

..... Phil

Wait, you *tried* to remove that particular label back four years ago

** Read the **thread** you trolling, illiterate, ****ing MORON !!!

OTOH, there's no pint - it's all way over a maggot infested, autistic brain like yours.

Go **** your mother.

.... Phil

I did read the thread Phil, most of it at least. A lot of becomes murky in the presence of the filth you strew around here like your own private litter box. Hard to keep my concentration actually.

But if I've read this correctly, what you're saying is that after four years you remember exactly how the label came off the can? It's not possible that you, in a fit of an obnoxious vile, expletive laden rage, just ripped the label off in that triumphant "aha" moment? I know some might say that's just not sweet Phil's personality but it's still a remote possibility...

Most everyone else who reads this group and those in the many other forums you've polluted over the years with your keyboard defecation have seen you exposed for the infantile pill that you are. You are a coward who bullies behind the protection of the internet. You might actually garner a bit of respect if you acted the same way in front of a real person, but we all know that cowards don't do that.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You should be able to find the 60/40 solder from places in the US.If in
another country, I don't know.

Ebay is full of the 60/40 and 63/37 solder.

Mouser.com has some at about $45 per pound spool

The newer stuff will mix ok with the old for the tube size equipment.
Just takes more heat to melt the newer stuff. I don't use the lead
free on anything. No work for pay, as I am just doing electronic
work for myself.

I bought three, one pound spools of Kester .031" 63/37 at a local
flea market last fall. I paid $10 for all three of them.

I also won a pair of half pound spools of Ersin Multicore on Ebay
for $15. They are .015", 63/37. Just keep your eyes open.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You should be able to find the 60/40 solder from places in the US.If in
another country, I don't know.

Ebay is full of the 60/40 and 63/37 solder.

Mouser.com has some at about $45 per pound spool

The newer stuff will mix ok with the old for the tube size equipment.
Just takes more heat to melt the newer stuff. I don't use the lead
free on anything. No work for pay, as I am just doing electronic
work for myself.

I bought three, one pound spools of Kester .031" 63/37 at a local flea
market last fall. I paid $10 for all three of them.

I also won a pair of half pound spools of Ersin Multicore on Ebay for $15.
They are .015", 63/37. Just keep your eyes open.

The closest I got to that was finding a small roll of quite thick solder
at a garage sale, but it wsa branded "IBM", so an element of novelty to
it.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 12:51:12 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:

I bought three, one pound spools of Kester .031" 63/37 at a local
flea market last fall. I paid $10 for all three of them.

That is about the way of it. I have one 63/37 at the bench, one in the travel kit and one spare.

After all this time, I will not use anything but true eutectic solder. I even keep a small amount of CU/AG/SN eutectic lead-free solder for very special applications such as repairing jewelry. Not cheap, but does the trick.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You should be able to find the 60/40 solder from places in the US.If in
another country, I don't know.

Ebay is full of the 60/40 and 63/37 solder.

Mouser.com has some at about $45 per pound spool

The newer stuff will mix ok with the old for the tube size equipment.
Just takes more heat to melt the newer stuff. I don't use the lead
free on anything. No work for pay, as I am just doing electronic
work for myself.

I bought three, one pound spools of Kester .031" 63/37 at a local
flea market last fall. I paid $10 for all three of them.

I also won a pair of half pound spools of Ersin Multicore on Ebay
for $15. They are .015", 63/37. Just keep your eyes open.

The closest I got to that was finding a small roll of quite thick solder
at a garage sale, but it wsa branded "IBM", so an element of novelty to it.

I wasn't even looking for solder when I found it. Someone I know at
'Markets of Marion' sells used DVDs. The spools of solder were sitting
on one of his tables, along with a genuine 'Camilus Electrician's
knife'. I bought the solder, and he gave me the knife because the finish
was bad. It took me 15 minutes to make it look right.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)

Do electrolytic capacitors blow up when old? peter Electronics Repair 17 December 2nd 07 01:06 AM
Old electrolytic capacitors The Natural Philosopher UK diy 59 March 12th 06 02:56 PM
Leaking electrolytic capacitors JW Electronics Repair 4 November 3rd 05 01:36 AM
Where should I advertise some NOS multi-part electrolytic capacitors? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 April 10th 05 07:51 AM
Reliability and electrolytic capacitors Charles Schuler Electronics Repair 0 February 10th 05 11:26 PM