Robert McPherson

Default Hitachi PTV "Protectors"

Hello:

I have a Hitachi 50" Projection TV in my shop which has a number of
"Protectors" in the various B+ circuits. I an unfamiliar with these
as I have only recently started servicing Hitachis. What are these
"protectors"? Are they like fusible resistors? Can they be replaced
with fusible resistors or a 5x20mm fuse holder and a glass fuse? How
do you determine the amperage, etc from the #? The ones in my
customers set are numbered E991 thru E998 in the Hitachi schematic and
are listed as having Hitachi part #s AZ00104M, AZ00107M, and AZ00109M.
The parts list describes them as "PROTECTOR CRXT 491002, CRXT491004
AND CRXT491107"

The model # of the set is 50UX52B and it has an AP73 chassis.

Thanks for any info!

Robert McPherson

JohnAce

They are special IC protectors. You'll need a manual to determine the amp
value.. Go to Hitachiserviceusa.com and download the manual for that model..
Good luck