Sandeep Arora

Default Information required on LG Innotek TV Tuner TALN-H200T

Hi,

I have a MSI VOX External USB TV Tuner device which uses the TALN-H200T
tuner component from LG Innotek.
I purchased this device in the US and am trying to get it to work in the UK.

The default setting for the tuner is NTSC. If anyone is familiar with this
device, can you let me know if I can re-configure this tuner to a PAL
setting. I have googled this device but have not come up with pages which
describe the capabilities of this tuner.

I am hopeful that this tuner supports both NTSC and PAL because it has a
rotatory switch setting which might be there in order to facilitate such a
change.

Any indicators to a source where I can find definete info about the TALN
tuner will also be helpful.

Many thanks in advance,
Sandeep Arora.

Jerry G.

In TV receivers the hardware is different for the PAL system. The frequency
standards, scan standards, and the decoding is very different. The TV sets
are totally not compatible, and modifying a set would be a very complex job,
which would not be worth it, and impossible to do on many of the designs.
There are some multi system TV models. The higher up models, will also
receive RF multi standard systems, but many of the medium to lower end ones
will only be able to do the video in multi standard. They have the added
circuits to accommodate the different systems, and are more costly. Your
unit, I believe is an NTSC only. Try contacting the manufacture directly,
and see how they respond.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Sandeep Arora" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a MSI VOX External USB TV Tuner device which uses the TALN-H200T
tuner component from LG Innotek.
I purchased this device in the US and am trying to get it to work in the UK.

The default setting for the tuner is NTSC. If anyone is familiar with this
device, can you let me know if I can re-configure this tuner to a PAL
setting. I have googled this device but have not come up with pages which
describe the capabilities of this tuner.

I am hopeful that this tuner supports both NTSC and PAL because it has a
rotatory switch setting which might be there in order to facilitate such a
change.

Any indicators to a source where I can find definete info about the TALN
tuner will also be helpful.

Many thanks in advance,
Sandeep Arora.

Sandeep Arora

Jerry

The device in question is a small box which connects to the USB port of a
computer and feeds live TV OR any analog video input via separate S-video
inputs as a digital signal to the computer.

I am a novice in electronics, but I checked a few websites and opened up the
device and found that the components were quite modular.

There is a silicon TV tuner (LG Innotek) TALN-H200T, cascaded to a Video
encoder (Philips SAA7114H), cascaded to a integrated USB-video encoder
(Empia Technology 2800). The SAA7114H autodetects PAL/NTSC input
frequencies. Also, the video encoder section of the device has a separate
S-video input which can be used to as an input to view other devices on the
computer (like viewing an analog camcorder video on a computer).

All the individual components on this board are software controlled (Device
drivers on the computer) and I2C bus on the hardware chip.

Therefore the only rogue component which I see is the TV tuner component
which is the TALN-H200T. Unfortunately, LG Innotek tech. support has not
replied to my queries so far, and there is not much literature on the web.
Hence my question here.

Hope this makes it clearer. If I am still getting it wrong, do shout.

Cheers,