Kris

Default Mitsubishi Big Screen Model VS-6051 won't turn on.

Hi Folks,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I have had this TV since 1994 so
its a bit old. Has been working great. A few weeks ago it would
occasionally need to be switched on 2 times for the screen to turn on
(but then it would work perfectly). No big deal. Today the screen
won't turn on at all. Big deal

When you press power on you can hear a little click sound but the
screen doesn't turn on.

What could be causing this? Is there anything obvious that might be
causing this? What is the standard trouble shooting I can apply here?
I'm more of a car/automotive guy so details would be great!

I really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!!!!!!!
David

You need to start by calling someone with lots of experience replacing large
numbers of failed capacitors in Mitz big screen sets so they can provide you
with an estimate for repair.

Honestly, unless you know how to test electrolytic capacitors and have the
proper equipment, and lots of experience repairing switch mode power
supplies and deflection circuits, there is little you can do to actually
troubleshoot and repair the set yourself.

David

"Kris" wrote in message
om...
Hi Folks,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I have had this TV since 1994 so
its a bit old. Has been working great. A few weeks ago it would
occasionally need to be switched on 2 times for the screen to turn on
(but then it would work perfectly). No big deal. Today the screen
won't turn on at all. Big deal

When you press power on you can hear a little click sound but the
screen doesn't turn on.

What could be causing this? Is there anything obvious that might be
causing this? What is the standard trouble shooting I can apply here?
I'm more of a car/automotive guy so details would be great!

I really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!!!!!!!

GreatBigHippy

Just asmall thought on this one, might bnot apply as my tv is
abitnewer but youcould give it a go. When turningon my telly will
often click, sit there for about five minutes with a slight static hum
and then suddenly spring in to life. Sometimes it doesn't turn on at
all. I have found that if I remove the scart connections at the back
(I have two) and then plug them back in the TV will then come on. I am
sure it has something to do with picking up a clear signal but not too
sure, I have a solution and can't be bothered looking further... sheer
lazieness.
Give it a go, see if it works.
Ant

(Kris) wrote in message . com...
Hi Folks,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I have had this TV since 1994 so
its a bit old. Has been working great. A few weeks ago it would
occasionally need to be switched on 2 times for the screen to turn on
(but then it would work perfectly). No big deal. Today the screen
won't turn on at all. Big deal

When you press power on you can hear a little click sound but the
screen doesn't turn on.

What could be causing this? Is there anything obvious that might be
causing this? What is the standard trouble shooting I can apply here?
I'm more of a car/automotive guy so details would be great!

I really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Leonard Caillouet

This is not one of the sets that is likely to have "large numbers of failed
capacitors". Maybe a half dozen, but we more commonly see other problems in
these. Regardless, David is correct in noting that someone who has some
direct experience servicing these sets should be looking at it.

Leonard Caillouet