Clueless in Seattle

Default How to turn of ringer on cordless phone?

I've inherited a cordless phone from a friend who skipped town and
left me to clean up after him.

It's a Panasonic KX-TCM937 which has a ringer off switch on the side
of the base unit. But even when the switch is in the off position the
phone still rings. Maybe the switch is broken, but I'm wondering if
their might be two ringers: one in the base unit and one in the
cordless handset. But if there is a separate ringer in the handset I
can't find a way to turn it off.

I tried a web search for a user's manual but struck out. I got
hundreds of thousands of hits, and gave up trying to wade through
them. But I bet the info I need is out there somewhere if I could
just figure out how to search for it.

I'd be grateful to for help figuring out how to turn off the ringer.
Rick

"Clueless in Seattle" wrote in message om...
I've inherited a cordless phone from a friend who skipped town and
left me to clean up after him.

It's a Panasonic KX-TCM937 which has a ringer off switch on the side
of the base unit. But even when the switch is in the off position the
phone still rings. Maybe the switch is broken, but I'm wondering if
their might be two ringers: one in the base unit and one in the
cordless handset. But if there is a separate ringer in the handset I
can't find a way to turn it off.

I tried a web search for a user's manual but struck out. I got
hundreds of thousands of hits, and gave up trying to wade through
them. But I bet the info I need is out there somewhere if I could
just figure out how to search for it.

I'd be grateful to for help figuring out how to turn off the ringer.

If there's a "ringer" or "loud" button in the handset, hold it down
for several seconds. If it beeps twice, that means the ringer is
now set to "off".

Rick

Ken G.

Unplug the phone cord

BFriedl

Usually the handset ringer is set via button sequence on the handset. I
have a Lucent cordless and i can select through 5 ringers by pressing
PROG # (1-5) PROG. If you are lucky, yours is similar.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician

Jerry G.

This is for the handset. Most of the Panasonic models have a Function button
of some type. Press it once, and scroll through the menu. As for the base,
most of them have a button specifically for the ringer setting.

The older and low end models should have a 2 or 3 position switch on the
side of the base, and handset for this.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG