P-Nuts

Default ATTN NOTEBOOK Repair WIZARDS----------Anyone know how a Notebook Screen backlight circuit works?

I have a notebook with a bad backlight. I can trace small level
signals on the 6 pins into the inverter board but have no high voltage
output. This notebook has capability to dim/brighten the backlight.

The inverter costs $100 so I would like some way to verify signals
into the inverter are what they should be but have no idea what they
would be. Can anybody enlighten me please?

jonny
Andre

P-Nuts wrote in message . ..
I have a notebook with a bad backlight. I can trace small level
signals on the 6 pins into the inverter board but have no high voltage
output. This notebook has capability to dim/brighten the backlight.

The inverter costs $100 so I would like some way to verify signals
into the inverter are what they should be but have no idea what they
would be. Can anybody enlighten me please?

Bad drive transistors on the inverter board usually, seen that a
couple of times.

You can usually replace these and it will work as long as there is no
failure in the HV transformer. Which laptop is it?

-A

jonny