Daryl

Default NEC PlasmaSync 42MP1

Does anyone have ANY info on these? The unit originally came in with the
following problem:

Turn it on and the power light comes on and cooling fans run for about 5
seconds and then unit shuts off.

I thought that it was some driver board pulling down the supply so I
disconnected boards one at a time (i.e. audio board, horizontal board, vert.
board, etc.). At some point the error changed and now when you turn on the
unit the power LED flashes red and green and that is all. I reconnected all
the boards but it seems like it is stuck in an error mode and needs to be
reset to get back to where it was.

I know there is a RS232 port to perform remote control and I figure that you
can also perform error and diagnostics through this port but I do not know
the commands. So, does anyone have any information on how to do this?
Schematics or common problems/solutions?

Thanks!
Daryl (Please take out the "TRASH" if you reply to my address)

red

It seems to be a power supply problem. You will have to check some voltages
on certain pins. There is a reset function on the unit that may get rid of
the red and green flash. Let me know if you need more specific info I have
service manula and schematics.

Gerrit
www.ita.com