Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Before I break this connector...

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove this
cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to unrecoverable errors! By
the way, this is (I think) the display connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that
I posted about yesterday. I would like to remove it before turning the board
upside down to get to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Farber wrote:
I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove this
cable.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Just a guess, but it looks like the black "comb" would tilt upwards and
stop pinching the flat flex ... possibly FPC type connector.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Burns wrote:
David Farber wrote:
I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove
this cable.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Just a guess, but it looks like the black "comb" would tilt upwards
and stop pinching the flat flex ... possibly FPC type connector.

We have a winner! Thanks Andy. I gently lifted that "comb" and it easily
came up.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:56:47 -0700, "David Farber"
wrote:

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove this
cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to unrecoverable errors! By
the way, this is (I think) the display connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that
I posted about yesterday. I would like to remove it before turning the board
upside down to get to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged on
the back.

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove
this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to
unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display
connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that I posted about yesterday. I
would like to remove it before turning the board upside down to get
to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged on
the back.

---

That worked!

Thanks.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove
this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to
unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display
connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that I posted about yesterday. I
would like to remove it before turning the board upside down to get
to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged on
the back.

---

That worked!

There's also the "wedge" type that jams the cable in - they just slide out
slightly instead of flipping up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to
remove this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to
unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display
connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that I posted about yesterday. I
would like to remove it before turning the board upside down to get
to the display.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-connector.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged
on the back.

---

That worked!

There's also the "wedge" type that jams the cable in - they just
slide out slightly instead of flipping up.

Hi Ian,

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if there were some type of universal marking on the
connector so we'd know ahead of time where to pull? I thought I'd make sure
this time by asking first. (-:

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.clamming.com/mm5/graphics..._2_500x500.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....rL._SX425_.jpg

http://www.google.com/search?site=im...+pick+tool+set

unlike written in English computer directions, connectors usually appear rational and concise. But always use a tool €¦. And 3 hands.

CRC electronics cleaner followed with CRC silicone from Wal are useful thru dusty coverings.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
http://www.clamming.com/mm5/graphics..._2_500x500.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....rL._SX425_.jpg

http://www.google.com/search?site=im...+pick+tool+set

unlike written in English computer directions, connectors usually
appear rational and concise. But always use a tool .. And 3 hands.

CRC electronics cleaner followed with CRC silicone from Wal are
useful thru dusty coverings.

That clamrake will let you do four connectors at once!

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 12:13:15 AM UTC-4, David Farber wrote:
wrote:
http://www.clamming.com/mm5/graphics..._2_500x500.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....rL._SX425_.jpg

http://www.google.com/search?site=im...+pick+tool+set

unlike written in English computer directions, connectors usually
appear rational and concise. But always use a tool .. And 3 hands.

CRC electronics cleaner followed with CRC silicone from Wal are
useful thru dusty coverings.

That clamrake will let you do four connectors at once!

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

MY INTRO was a dead fan in a Dell 1750 ? Vista. Directions from UK.

tool found was a single shaft pick, formerly screwdriver, then bent into a 90 so the lower leg spanned the connector for reassembly. a 2 prong pick is better for apart.

we are thankful for vinyl esters .....

Break In Bob La Londe[_2_] Metalworking 14 April 13th 12 10:40 PM
Maybe We Should Take A Break [email protected] Metalworking 0 March 27th 12 02:35 PM
OT break in oil for a new car Metspitzer Home Repair 81 December 24th 09 04:09 AM
take a break Terry Home Repair 0 May 14th 07 01:58 PM
Why did they break? Mike S. Home Repair 11 September 29th 06 01:45 AM