Colossus

Default Assistance with: RCA Model E13323SE 13" TV, TX826TC Chassis - It's dead.

Dead set. No clicking, no high voltage, no buzzing, no nothing. Totally
dead.

HOT was very shorted. Replaced it, still dead.

Did some internet searching which led me to check the following:
TP15 - tested good (board was dark under this)
DP12 - tested good (diode near HOT...I think)
DP02 - tested good (12 volt zener, tough to test-not shorted, not open)

Any ideas? I've got no schematic. This is a co-workers tv. He and I are
attempting to fix it. TIA.

--
"Open Minds Shall Dominate"
Jerry Wayne Agudio
Sofie

Colossus:
Even if TP15 tests good with a DMM or VOM, replace it anyway with the proper
part.... 2sc3207. Watch carefully the lead basing of the replacement
transistor.... the base and collector are reversed. Also check TP14, 13,
12 , 11.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Colossus" wrote in message
t...
Dead set. No clicking, no high voltage, no buzzing, no nothing. Totally
dead.

HOT was very shorted. Replaced it, still dead.

Did some internet searching which led me to check the following:
TP15 - tested good (board was dark under this)
DP12 - tested good (diode near HOT...I think)
DP02 - tested good (12 volt zener, tough to test-not shorted, not open)

Any ideas? I've got no schematic. This is a co-workers tv. He and I are
attempting to fix it. TIA.

--
"Open Minds Shall Dominate"
Jerry Wayne Agudio
(remove BRA to reply)

David

TP15 tested good on a curve tracer?
Any other method will NOT show its normal failure mode.

Otherwise if you do not have at least 12v on the regulated side of TP15, you
now it is bad.
David

Colossus wrote in message
t...
Dead set. No clicking, no high voltage, no buzzing, no nothing. Totally
dead.

HOT was very shorted. Replaced it, still dead.

Did some internet searching which led me to check the following:
TP15 - tested good (board was dark under this)
DP12 - tested good (diode near HOT...I think)
DP02 - tested good (12 volt zener, tough to test-not shorted, not open)

Any ideas? I've got no schematic. This is a co-workers tv. He and I are
attempting to fix it. TIA.

--
"Open Minds Shall Dominate"
Jerry Wayne Agudio
(remove BRA to reply)

RonKZ650

If your horiz output was shorted, TP15 is not your problem. Do you have power
to the horiz output collector (center lead)?
RonKZ650

One more thing. You must use the exact RCA output 198794 or chances are the set
will not start. A transistor that *looks* the same (2SD1427,1428 etc), will not
work. The problem is you still need to find why the output shorted in the first
place, and it may be a very tough problem. The set is not a simple design.
Colossus

Interesting. Based on the other suggestions we are replacing TP15, but
have not gotten the part yet.
We will check the collector asap. Would voltage at the collector be
good? I would assume so.

If your horiz output was shorted, TP15 is not your problem. Do you have power
to the horiz output collector (center lead)?

--
"Open Minds Shall Dominate"
Jerry Wayne Agudio
(remove BRA to reply)
RonKZ650

Interesting. Based on the other suggestions we are replacing TP15, but
have not gotten the part yet.
We will check the collector asap. Would voltage at the collector be
good? I would assume so.

Yes, I forget exactly what voltage, but it's higher than normally seen.
Somewhere around 180v DC if I remember right. This voltage should always be
present even when the set is off.
Check your voltage at pin 42 of the microprocessor IC, if there is 5v there,
TP15 is good and no need to pursue that possibility any further.