Jason

Default Convergence on Zenith projection TV

Hello,

I recently acquired a Zenith projection TV. I have repaired all
original problems (i.e. broken circuit board, broken traces) and the
set seems to be fine except that the blue does not line up with the
other colors. Before I pay to have someone do this for me, does
anyone know how I can reset the blue and/or if there are default
settings I can use? I have accessed the service menu and green and
red are adjusted correctly, but blue is offset and a bit warped.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't get into this group often so please email me at
if possible.
john

The Tv has a fault call in a service shop
and have the fault diagnosed before you
have more problems.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Jason" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I recently acquired a Zenith projection TV. I have repaired all
original problems (i.e. broken circuit board, broken traces) and the
set seems to be fine except that the blue does not line up with the
other colors. Before I pay to have someone do this for me, does
anyone know how I can reset the blue and/or if there are default
settings I can use? I have accessed the service menu and green and
red are adjusted correctly, but blue is offset and a bit warped.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't get into this group often so please email me at
if possible.

James Sweet

It sounds like he has some service ability, what circuit board was broken?
If it was the convergence board then maybe you missed a trace somewhere or
made a solder bridge. Also does this set use the big STK convergence IC's or
discreet transistors?

.. .

"Jason" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I recently acquired a Zenith projection TV. I have repaired all
original problems (i.e. broken circuit board, broken traces) and the
set seems to be fine except that the blue does not line up with the
other colors. Before I pay to have someone do this for me, does
anyone know how I can reset the blue and/or if there are default
settings I can use? I have accessed the service menu and green and
red are adjusted correctly, but blue is offset and a bit warped.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't get into this group often so please email me at
if possible.

Jason

I am a computer technician, but I don't have specific experience with
projection TVs. The previous owner cracked the front panel circuit
board. I was able to re-solder the connections and get the controls
and remote functions working again.

I'm preparing to take it into a shop for an estimate, but thought I'd
ask around for a less expensive solution first.

Thanks!

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:x0gkb.586877$cF.256585@rwcrnsc53...
It sounds like he has some service ability, what circuit board was broken?
If it was the convergence board then maybe you missed a trace somewhere or
made a solder bridge. Also does this set use the big STK convergence IC's or
discreet transistors?

.. .