James

Default NEW ORION VCR AND RCA UNIVERSAL REMOTE

I bought this new VCR at WAL-MART 2 months ago:

* Orion VR213 2-Head VCR VR213 ( VR-213, VR 213 ), One-touch
recordingEnglish, Spanish and French on-screen displays, Front
audio/video input jacks, 8-event, 1-month programming, Remote control,
Energy Star-compliant

One-touch recording

English, Spanish and French on-screen displays

Front audio/video input jacks

8-event, 1-month programming

Remote control

Energy Star-compliant

I bought RCA Universal Remote :

RCA Platinum Universal Remote Control

This sleek, platinum finished RCA Universal Remote controls primary
functions of many brands of remote controllable televisions, VCRs,
Cable Boxes and SAT/AUX devices. To add to the functionality of this
remote we have included a menu key, code search, code saver and an
extensive code library.

* Controls TV, VCR, Cable Box and SAT/AUX
* Menu key
* Code Search
* Code saver
* Universal DBS codes
* Extensive Code Library
* Sleep Timer

Problem is with the code the remote says to use everything works
except the MENU command that allow me to setup the clock, timer, etc.
The code was 031. What am I doing wrong?.
Jerry G.

We have never seen a universal remote that is fully functional as like the
original type. It is recommended that for doing the TV's set-ups, you use
the original remote.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"James" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Sofie

James:
Usually there is a "800" help phone number with most of these universal
remote controls included in the instructions...... give them a call and see
if they can help you.
By the way, I always use the OEM factory remote for any special menu
functions..... especially with VCRs and VCR/TV combo units...... the
universal remotes, even if they can be made to perform the special menu
functions just are not as handy and easy to use and the original remote.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped;