Adam Smith

Default Panasonic CT-27E13G - no pincushion adjustments in service mode?

I have a Panasonic CT-27E13G TV, and I need to make some
geometry/pincushion adjustments. I was able to enter the service mode
per the instructions from www.calanan.com/panasonic, but instead of
several submenus I get one menu with categories labaled "MTS",
"CLOCK", "VIDEO", "HDEF", "VDEF", and "SETID". It looks like screen
position adjustments are pretty much limited to horizontal and
vertical size/position. I'd really appreciate it if someone could
explain how to change the pincushion settings if that's possible!
Thanks..

john

geometry/pincushion

Maybe the set has a problem, if so get it fixed

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Adam Smith" wrote in message
om...
I have a Panasonic CT-27E13G TV, and I need to make some
geometry/pincushion adjustments. I was able to enter the service mode
per the instructions from www.calanan.com/panasonic, but instead of
several submenus I get one menu with categories labaled "MTS",
"CLOCK", "VIDEO", "HDEF", "VDEF", and "SETID". It looks like screen
position adjustments are pretty much limited to horizontal and
vertical size/position. I'd really appreciate it if someone could
explain how to change the pincushion settings if that's possible!
Thanks..

Jerry G.

Many of the low end models do not have any adjustments for Pin cushioning.
When this type of fault happens, it is due to failed components. If any
piece of equipment was working properly from the factory, and later on
became faulty, the problem is not an adjustment, but to properly service it.

In many of these sets, the caps in the pin amp, vertical deflection, power
supply, and horiz output stage usually go high in ESR. These will require
replacing to correct various fault conditions.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com