Mike

Default Samsung TXC1950 DEAD no relay

I received this set, its dead with no relay action.

Checked fuse, ok, checked HOT, ok.

I checked volts, it dies off at the relay.

I put the unit on an iso transformer, and jumped the relay. Set fired up,
and powered on.

if i remove teh short, it shuts off. I checked the volts at the relay coil
when pushing power button, nothing.

Any ideas?

john

Have you checked for a Relay driver Transistor S/C
or associated component .

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Mike" wrote in message
I received this set, its dead with no relay action.

Checked fuse, ok, checked HOT, ok.

I checked volts, it dies off at the relay.

I put the unit on an iso transformer, and jumped the relay. Set fired up,
and powered on.

if i remove teh short, it shuts off. I checked the volts at the relay coil
when pushing power button, nothing.

Any ideas?

Mike

everything in that area I checked.

I pulled out a mirror, and I suspected that teh controller IC/CPU, and the
jungle IC has no power.

because, when i jump the relay the deflection circuits kick on, but none of
the front controls work, the power LED IS NOT on. and there is a dark gray
raster. if i pull the plug, it powers off. There is NO SOUND either.

i think the front ICs dont have power, but I dunno where to look. no
schematic.

"Mike" wrote in message
I received this set, its dead with no relay action.

Checked fuse, ok, checked HOT, ok.

I checked volts, it dies off at the relay.

I put the unit on an iso transformer, and jumped the relay. Set fired up,
and powered on.

if i remove teh short, it shuts off. I checked the volts at the relay coil
when pushing power button, nothing.

Any ideas?

Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:29:38 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

everything in that area I checked.

I pulled out a mirror, and I suspected that teh controller IC/CPU, and the
jungle IC has no power.

because, when i jump the relay the deflection circuits kick on, but none of
the front controls work, the power LED IS NOT on. and there is a dark gray
raster. if i pull the plug, it powers off. There is NO SOUND either.

Is the power switch toggling the uP? You'll have to trace the
circuitry to determine this, with no manual.

Tom

i think the front ICs dont have power, but I dunno where to look. no
schematic.

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
I received this set, its dead with no relay action.

Checked fuse, ok, checked HOT, ok.

I checked volts, it dies off at the relay.

I put the unit on an iso transformer, and jumped the relay. Set fired up,
and powered on.

if i remove teh short, it shuts off. I checked the volts at the relay coil
when pushing power button, nothing.

Any ideas?

Vector Viper

"Mike" wrote in message
I checked the 12V standby, its good.

Be sure to check standby power AT THE PROCESSOR, it's usually +5Volts,
off a regulator...(7805 or such)
If its there, check for keyboard scanning, make sure no keys are pressed or
shorted; this
will 'kill' any other buttons, even the remote on most sets...you can check
for about 2.5 volts
on the crystal too...

Viper

Mike

All volteges are there. Im guessing dead uPC. all buttons toggle. each
button works, with about 3.89v toggle.

anyone know where to get one?