Sidney

Default RCA 5 disc CD mini stereo model:RS2523

RCA 5 disc CD mini stereo model:RS2523,year:July 2000,UL:A172 no
power,upon troubleshooting I found a defective Q511=2SC3205=ECG382 to
be defective in the main board (the same board as IC501=STK402-070 &
IC502=TDA7269A) so I replaced it and now still no power but the power
LED lights and both tapedecks make an odd quick cliking noise that
turns on & off repeatedly.I also found the new Q511=2SC3205 to be
running extremely hot so I quickly disconnected the power.This mini
book shelf systems are difficult to troubleshoot,I checked most of the
parts on the main board around Q511 but found no shorts.
Anyone have any common repair tips for this unit from any of those
repair tips sites or programs or from yur experience?.
Thanks.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

"the best things in life are free,except those freeloader
customers"-Sidney's quote.
Mark D. Zacharias

Absolutely NOT SO. The RS series is field-serviceable, RCA supplies parts,
and I fix them all the time, in and out of warranty.
If you have the Partsfinder program installed you can confirm this.
There are a few common problems, but I don't know of any that pertain to the
OP's problem.

Mark Z.

"David" wrote in message
Common repair tips?
Not even a repairable item in the US. Factory exchange during warranty,
virtually no parts or service manual support for any RCA low end audio

stuff
any longer.

David

om...