Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

Default Kindling for the Fire

I remember, when I was a kid, we had a veggy tray from an old fridge
that we used for draining the oil from the engine when we changed oil.
One time we had some oil in it out in the back yard and I decided to
see if it would burn, so I wadded up a sheet of newspaper and lit it,
and tossed it in the pan. Well nothing much happened at first, the
paper just acted as a candle wick, and kept burning. But the oil
started getting hotter and finally started burning too. The flames
started getting bigger, so I decided it was time to put the fire out.
So I turned the water hose on the pan. WHOA-HO-HO! Big mistake! The
flames shot up ten or fifteen feet! What a conflagration! The water
hit the boiling oil and turned to steam, and that was like blowing air
on the oil. Nice way to get scalded and burned. So I learned a
lesson: never put water on burning oil. Later I learned that it
doesn't work with magnesium, too. :-P

So here's some kindling for the fire.
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm
I like starting a fire here once in a while, but it usually turns into
something of a totally different topic, and the bozos don't have the
courtesy to change the subject line so it just keeps on burning, and
burning...

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@
Winfield Hill

Watson A.Name wrote...

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm

"Cannot let go" at 13mA? That seems pretty low. Hand to hand,
I suppose. Hmm, is that dc or ac, and if ac at what frequency?

Thanks,
- Win

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

In article ,
mentioned...
Watson A.Name wrote...

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm

"Cannot let go" at 13mA? That seems pretty low. Hand to hand,
I suppose. Hmm, is that dc or ac, and if ac at what frequency?

Thanks,
- Win

Congrats, Win - you've thrown the first stick on the fire. Thanks.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Glen Walpert

Default Electrocution - was Kindling for the Fire

On 11 Sep 2003 02:03:19 -0700, Winfield Hill
wrote:

Watson A.Name wrote...

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm

"Cannot let go" at 13mA? That seems pretty low. Hand to hand,
I suppose. Hmm, is that dc or ac, and if ac at what frequency?

Thanks,
- Win

And what do they think the difference is between "Ventricular
Fibrillation" at 90 mA and "Death" at 100 mA? Other than about 5
minutes, except under the most unusual circumstances?

Possibly more accurate info at
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/cons...eccurrent.html

http://www.agc-ca.org/services/safety/Sb97-2.htm

http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/texts/guide/hmg13_0006.html

Low voltage electrocution is most often caused by Ventricular
Fibrillation, described at:

http://sprojects.mmi.mcgill.ca/cardi...brillation.htm

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic633.htm

For the description of the unusual circumstances where Ventricular
Fibrillation may not be fatal:

http://www.utilitysafety.com/archive...rt_a_heart.htm

Unfortunately I can't now seem to find any references which describe
the exact electrical mechanism by which Venticular Fibrillation (VF)
occurs, although it is well understood. Deliberatly induced VF is
used to temporarily stop the heart for surgery, by applying a short,
low current pulse to the nerve which fires the heart (crudely put)
durung the "reset" or "succeptable" part of its cycle - essentially
preventing the recharge of the ion powered synapse, so that it cannot
fire, and without firing, it cannot recharge. I have read that it is
not actually current which is critical, but dI/dt during the reset
period, and since the dI/dt on initial contact can be much greater
than during the subsequent sineusoidal current, initial contact at the
right polarity and timing of the heartbeat can cause death at currents
much lower than those that reliably cause death (per the standard
charts). Note that GFI breakers can take up to 1/10 sec to trip, and
provide no protection from initial contact electrocution!

Furthermore, individual succeptablilty to VF varies widely, and there
are plenty of documented cases of death caused by only a few
milliamps.

Bottom line as I see it is that contact with line voltage is a lot
like Russian Roulet with 1 bullet and a few hundred empty chambers.
Why risk it?

Regards,
Glen
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Fire, huh?

Nothing teaches you respect like fire can. Well, maybe electricity, but fire
produces a much better visual example...and FAIK most folks are visual
learners.

Two incidents come to mind that taught me a fair bit of respect for fire.
The first was my (admittedly VERY stupid -- Do NOT try this at home!)
spraying WD40 into a bottle I was using to hold spent matches after trying
to light a grill. Just as a point of curiousity, I grabbed a can of WD40 and
for no really good reason, I sprayed it into the bottle. FOOM! That made a
nice little channel of fire...

The second involved my conducting strange experiments on a bottled water
bottle. I put a little (about a teaspoon) of white fuel into the bottle and
tried to light it from a distance with an old pilot lighting stick I have
for such things. It took, and I decided to put it out by stomping it flat.
Bad idea. It went FOOM for a brief moment and then burned out.

I've never had any injuries and I don't plan to do anything foolish enough
to get any. It is a very seldom occurence that I burn anything. Every now
and then I feel that setting some hopelessly beyond repair or just plain
worn out equipment on fire can be quite fun, if done properly and SAFELY in
an area where nothing can get out of control and a fire extinguisher is kept
handy.

As for the thing on lethal amounts of electricity, I just don't think I buy
into it. I know an elderly electrician whose quick and dirty way to find a
110 circuit from 220 circuits (or the other way around) was to simply touch
them and say "this one tingles more". I would never do that myself, but this
guy isn't young and he is certainly still alive...and probably after having
done this very often!

William

Frithiof Andreas Jensen

"Watson A.Name - Watt Sun" wrote in message
m...

on the oil. Nice way to get scalded and burned. So I learned a
lesson: never put water on burning oil.

True - for a better effect mix in some Turpentine followed by a generous
dose of fuming Nitric Acid instead;

Notes:

You do not have to ignite the Oil beforehand; you will want to devise a way
to pour the nitric acid from a safe distance of about 100 m for 5 liters of
oil and you probably want to do this in a place where there are no flammable
items and spectators around.

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

In article ,
mentioned...
On 11 Sep 2003 02:03:19 -0700, Winfield Hill
wrote:

Watson A.Name wrote...

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...ctrocution.htm

[snip]

Bottom line as I see it is that contact with line voltage is a lot
like Russian Roulet with 1 bullet and a few hundred empty chambers.
Why risk it?

Well, so far I've managed to dodge the bullet, after all the times
I've been shocked. Perhaps other people haven't been shocked as many
times as those of us who deal with electricity/electronics, but they
for the most part have dodged the bullet too.

But then most of life is like that. It's only a matter of time before
something you do gets you. Like driving, it's only a matter of time
before someone gets into an accident. Hopefully not fatal. But then
more people die in auto accidents than any other accident. So does
that stop us from driving? No.

Regards,
Glen

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
James Meyer

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:33:15 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun"
wroth:

But then most of life is like that. It's only a matter of time before
something you do gets you. Like driving, it's only a matter of time
before someone gets into an accident. Hopefully not fatal. But then
more people die in auto accidents than any other accident. So does
that stop us from driving? No.

Regards,
Glen

Almost all auto "accidents" are not really accidental. They usually
result from "applied stupidity".

I think electrical shocks are similar.

Jim

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:57:17 GMT, James Meyer
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:33:15 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun"
wroth:

But then most of life is like that. It's only a matter of time before
something you do gets you. Like driving, it's only a matter of time
before someone gets into an accident. Hopefully not fatal. But then
more people die in auto accidents than any other accident. So does
that stop us from driving? No.

Regards,
Glen

Almost all auto "accidents" are not really accidental. They usually
result from "applied stupidity".

I think electrical shocks are similar.

Jim

Tom was working on a TV chassis which was sitting on its side, power
applied, cable attached. Tom bumped the cable, and, before Tom's
magnificent dive to the Sencore isolation unit's power switch, the
chassis bottom made contact with Tom's left forearm. Tom was left with
dozens of burns from the various voltages present. :-)

This didn't even compare, though, with the time that Tom tongue-tested
a cellular telephone PS, 10.6VDC, 850 mA. OUCH!!

Tom
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

In article ,
mentioned...
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:33:15 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun"
wroth:

But then most of life is like that. It's only a matter of time before
something you do gets you. Like driving, it's only a matter of time
before someone gets into an accident. Hopefully not fatal. But then
more people die in auto accidents than any other accident. So does
that stop us from driving? No.

Regards,
Glen

Almost all auto "accidents" are not really accidental. They usually
result from "applied stupidity".

I think electrical shocks are similar.

In this case, I used the term accident to differentiate between that
cause of death and death by natural causes, such as cancer. So you
could put quotes around that term.

Jim

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

In article ,
mentioned...
wrote:

[...]

Fortunately they were only burns.

This didn't even compare, though, with the time that Tom tongue-tested
a cellular telephone PS, 10.6VDC, 850 mA. OUCH!!

I've tongue tested (as have probably just about everyone else) a fresh
9V battery, and your battery isn't that much more. Should have given
you a bit of a twinge... :-)

Tom

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...s/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
James Meyer

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 08:50:33 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun"
wroth:

Since my dad painted, he had some of that stuff in a can. About the
only thing that turpentine seemed useful for was for putting on a
cat's rear end. They didn't like that very much. :-))

When I were a lad, I used to make chlorine gas and put a cotton ball
with turpentine on it down into the green chlorine gas. It started "burning"
almost instantly. One of the byproducts was hydrochloric acid.

Jim "Still amazed that I survived." Meyer

Stepan Novotill

The following can be fun too: Fill a vessel up with salt water. throw
in two carbon rods connected to a car battery charger.
Run it a while till most of the chlorine has gone out.
Power off, put on a lid, hide behind a wall, power on and run the
generated gass into a SMALL baloon. Power off when 5" diameter.
Use a light plastic lid that will pop off and not hurt anyone if the
gas in the vessel ignites.

Then hold the baloon at arms length, close your eyes and take a match
to it. Do it with your hair wet, in wet smim trunks next to a swimming
pool so you can jump in if you catch fire. We had great fun with this
as kids. It is not unbearably loud but generates an incredible bang
and you feel a heat pulse similar to what you get when you set off a
large photoflash right against your skin.

Stepan Novotill

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:03:10 GMT, Stepan Novotill
wrote:

The following can be fun too: Fill a vessel up with salt water. throw
in two carbon rods connected to a car battery charger.
Run it a while till most of the chlorine has gone out.
Power off, put on a lid, hide behind a wall, power on and run the
generated gass into a SMALL baloon. Power off when 5" diameter.
Use a light plastic lid that will pop off and not hurt anyone if the
gas in the vessel ignites.

Then hold the baloon at arms length, close your eyes and take a match
to it. Do it with your hair wet, in wet smim trunks next to a swimming
pool so you can jump in if you catch fire. We had great fun with this
as kids. It is not unbearably loud but generates an incredible bang
and you feel a heat pulse similar to what you get when you set off a
large photoflash right against your skin.

I recommend wearing ear plugs.
Stepan Novotill

wrote:

Since my dad painted, he had some of that stuff in a can. About the
only thing that turpentine seemed useful for was for putting on a
cat's rear end. They didn't like that very much. :-))

OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

Zak

Stepan Novotill wrote:

The following can be fun too: Fill a vessel up with salt water. throw
in two carbon rods connected to a car battery charger.
Run it a while till most of the chlorine has gone out.
Power off, put on a lid, hide behind a wall, power on and run the
generated gass into a SMALL baloon. Power off when 5" diameter.
Use a light plastic lid that will pop off and not hurt anyone if the
gas in the vessel ignites.

Then hold the baloon at arms length, close your eyes and take a match
to it. Do it with your hair wet, in wet smim trunks next to a swimming
pool so you can jump in if you catch fire. We had great fun with this
as kids. It is not unbearably loud but generates an incredible bang
and you feel a heat pulse similar to what you get when you set off a
large photoflash right against your skin.

I understand such a balloon may ignote if you fire a photoflash at it.

Thomas

Don Klipstein

In article , Clifton T. Sharp Jr. wrote:

I suspect the internal resistance of the battery limits what can flow
through your nice, wet tongue. I don't remember the short-circuit current
of a typical 9V battery, but it seems to me the last time I tested one
it was in the tens of milliamps.

Seems to me wet tongues have more resistance than fresh 9V batteries.
At least alkaline ones. I can usually light up a 93 bulb with one, and
that takes nearly an amp. Sometimes a 9V battery can light up an 1156
bulb, and that requires well over an amp.

- Don Klipstein )
Carl D. Smith

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:20:30 -0500, "Clifton T. Sharp Jr."
wrote:

I don't remember the short-circuit current
of a typical 9V battery, but it seems to me the last time I tested one
it was in the tens of milliamps.

I just tested a "Energizer Max" 9V battery, brand new from the
package. Short circuit current was 7.3 Amps. Note the lack of
"milli."

I seem to remember testing a NiCd 9V once and finding that it
could produce even more short circuit current.

No Spam

James Meyer wrote:

[...]
Almost all auto "accidents" are not really accidental. They usually
result from "applied stupidity".

I think electrical shocks are similar.

Jim

Here's a real case for the Darwin Award. A guy high on pcp playing with 16,000 Volts. He
survived!

http://members.tripod.com/~StormTrooper_2/index2.htm

Another poor guy with a false leg gets out of the car to take a pee. He didn't make it

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/co...55E401,00.html
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

Look in ABSE for my attachment - a .gif of Carl & Jerry roasting
weenies and talking about shock current and skin resistance. I only
have the one page, and it was tattered and torn. Amazing it came out
as good as it did. It's frm P.E. Feb. '59. Just look for Carl &
Jerry.

In article , Watson
A.Name - "Watt Sun" mentioned...
In article ,
mentioned...
[...]

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:07:51 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun"
wrote:

In article ,
mentioned...
wrote:

[...]

Oh no...this was MUCH more than a 9V battery could ever provide,
believe me. I thought the top of my head was going to come off.

Tom

Tom

Jim Thompson

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:22:01 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

[snip]
Tom was working on a TV chassis which was sitting on its side, power
applied, cable attached. Tom bumped the cable, and, before Tom's
magnificent dive to the Sencore isolation unit's power switch, the
chassis bottom made contact with Tom's left forearm. Tom was left with
dozens of burns from the various voltages present. :-)

Fortunately they were only burns.

[snip]

I can remember my dad working on a TV set on the bench. Got an arc to
something and jerked backwards pulling the set off of the bench and it
fell to the floor. This was in the days of picture tubes strapped to
the chassis. The chassis hit flat on the concrete floor, just about
every tube popped out of their sockets and broke, but the picture tube
didn't break ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Stepan Novotill

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:53:57 -0400, No Spam wrote:

James Meyer wrote:

I had a neighbor who worked for the phone company. He told me that it
is not that uncommon to find a "live" wooden telephone pole when it is
raining. He was required to take a measurement on the wet wood before
climbing certain poles.

Glen Walpert

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:53:57 -0400, No Spam wrote:

James Meyer wrote:

[...]
Almost all auto "accidents" are not really accidental. They usually
result from "applied stupidity".

I think electrical shocks are similar.

Jim

Here's a real case for the Darwin Award. A guy high on pcp playing with 16,000 Volts. He
survived!

http://members.tripod.com/~StormTrooper_2/index2.htm

Another poor guy with a false leg gets out of the car to take a pee. He didn't make it

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/co...55E401,00.html

Try a google search on autoerotic electrocution for about 143 more
amazing examples of applied stupidity!

jakdedert

Much simpler: Put a little dry ice in a plastic drink bottle, like bottle
water comes in.

Add an inch or so of water. Cap tightly. Run away!

The 1/2 liter bottle will swell up to the size of a football before
exploding with a bang reminiscent of shotgun blast...very loud. Sometimes
it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer. If you don't use enough dry ice,
it only swells. Don't touch it, it could still blow. Throw a rock at it
first, or just leave it alone..

jak

"Stepan Novotill" wrote in message
The following can be fun too: Fill a vessel up with salt water. throw
in two carbon rods connected to a car battery charger.
Run it a while till most of the chlorine has gone out.
Power off, put on a lid, hide behind a wall, power on and run the
generated gass into a SMALL baloon. Power off when 5" diameter.
Use a light plastic lid that will pop off and not hurt anyone if the
gas in the vessel ignites.

Then hold the baloon at arms length, close your eyes and take a match
to it. Do it with your hair wet, in wet smim trunks next to a swimming
pool so you can jump in if you catch fire. We had great fun with this
as kids. It is not unbearably loud but generates an incredible bang
and you feel a heat pulse similar to what you get when you set off a
large photoflash right against your skin.

Richard Henry

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Much simpler: Put a little dry ice in a plastic drink bottle, like bottle
water comes in.

Add an inch or so of water. Cap tightly. Run away!

The 1/2 liter bottle will swell up to the size of a football before
exploding with a bang reminiscent of shotgun blast...very loud. Sometimes
it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer. If you don't use enough dry

ice,
it only swells. Don't touch it, it could still blow. Throw a rock at it
first, or just leave it alone..

Skiers have been known to use these contraptions in 2-liter drink bottles as
home-made avalanche bombs. One twist - they use urine instead of water to
initiate the blast (more available on a frozen moutainside).

Tom MacIntyre

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:22:49 GMT, Stepan Novotill
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:34:13 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote in message
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun wrote:
mentioned...
This didn't even compare, though, with the time that Tom tongue-tested
a cellular telephone PS, 10.6VDC, 850 mA. OUCH!!

The power supply output would be 10.6V at 850mA, but much higher when
no current is being drawn from it. This is normal, and you were
probably getting more like 17 volts. OUCH!

That makes sense. The current wouldn't be zero or even close, but much
less than 850mA, I suppose. It was a real buzz, anyway.

Tom

jakdedert

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Much simpler: Put a little dry ice in a plastic drink bottle, like

bottle
water comes in.

Add an inch or so of water. Cap tightly. Run away!

The 1/2 liter bottle will swell up to the size of a football before
exploding with a bang reminiscent of shotgun blast...very loud.

Sometimes
it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer. If you don't use enough dry

ice,
it only swells. Don't touch it, it could still blow. Throw a rock at

it
first, or just leave it alone..

Skiers have been known to use these contraptions in 2-liter drink bottles

as
home-made avalanche bombs. One twist - they use urine instead of water to
initiate the blast (more available on a frozen moutainside).

I expect it's much warmer than any liquid water available there, as well. I
can only imagine what a two liter bomb would sound like. Like I said, the
1/2 liter ones are amazingly loud.

jak

jakdedert

No kidding? I wouldn't have thought so, but I believe you. In any case,
Alka-Seltzer is much easier to aquire than dry ice.

jak

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:06:02 -0500, "jakdedert"
Gave us:

Much simpler: Put a little dry ice in a plastic drink bottle, like

bottle
water comes in.

Add an inch or so of water. Cap tightly. Run away!

The 1/2 liter bottle will swell up to the size of a football before
exploding with a bang reminiscent of shotgun blast...very loud.

Sometimes
it takes a few minutes, sometimes longer. If you don't use enough dry

ice,
it only swells. Don't touch it, it could still blow. Throw a rock at it
first, or just leave it alone..

Much much simpler:

Heated water and Alka-Seltzer tablets. Same boom!

Don't have to wait as long.

Bushy

OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

If you haven't got a cat, then paint a little on your bum!

It's a bit rougher and harsher than the finger covered in ginger up the Arab
horses bum, to get it to lift it's tail for the showring!

And you though it was natural to have that high tail carriage!

Peter

Ian Buckner

"Bushy" wrote in message
OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

If you haven't got a cat, then paint a little on your bum!

It's a bit rougher and harsher than the finger covered in ginger up

the Arab
horses bum, to get it to lift it's tail for the showring!

And you though it was natural to have that high tail carriage!

Peter

It happens that I have a couple of Arab horses in one of my fields at
the moment,
and I have bred an Arab cross thoroughbred in the past. The high tail
carriage
(waving the flag) is indeed natural, when excited or just for the hell
of it.

Regards
Ian

Stepan Novotill

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:51:55 +1000, "Bushy"
wrote:

OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

If you haven't got a cat, then paint a little on your bum!

It's a bit rougher and harsher than the finger covered in ginger up the Arab
horses bum, to get it to lift it's tail for the showring!

And you though it was natural to have that high tail carriage!

Peter

No, No. I mean how fast dows the cat go, where does it go, and for how
long?

Michael A. Terrell

wrote:

OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

If you haven't got a cat, then paint a little on your bum!

It's a bit rougher and harsher than the finger covered in ginger up the Arab
horses bum, to get it to lift it's tail for the showring!

And you though it was natural to have that high tail carriage!

Peter

No, No. I mean how fast dows the cat go, where does it go, and for how
long?

It goes as far and as fast as it can run, till it stops burning.
Farmers have been known to use it on dogs that steal chicken eggs. I was
told that they never come back for a second treatment.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Bushy

(waving the flag) is indeed natural, when excited or just for the hell
of it.

Regards
Ian

I've taken about 30,000 pictures of Arabs at a range of show events and
other locations.

Although tail carriage in many of them is natural, it is often called for to
"get the right shot" or "on demand for the ring".

An experienced eye will tell the difference, the horse will be trying to get
rid of the last little bit of that crushed ginger paste! So, it's little
hole will also be puckering up as well as the tail being carried, but for a
still camera, and consequent advertisement of the horse for sale or stud, it
doesn't show on the shots that count. Although I won't do it myself, it is
done by more than one trainer (or owner) that I have worked with.

And you though they wouldn't stoop that low to get the price they want for
the nag!

Peter

Stepan Novotill

wrote:

OK Watson, I give up. What effect does it have on the cat??

If you haven't got a cat, then paint a little on your bum!

No, No. I mean how fast dows the cat go, where does it go, and for how
long?

It goes as far and as fast as it can run, till it stops burning.
Farmers have been known to use it on dogs that steal chicken eggs. I was
told that they never come back for a second treatment.

That reminds me of a trip to the dentist in the early 80's. I had a
filling filled and therefore some freezing. Normally it takes quite
some time for the freezing to go away. I was in very good shape, so I
ran like lightning all the way home. The increased circulation due to
the exercise made the freezing go away in about 15 minutes. Normally
it would take a couple of hours to wear off that much.

The cat is doing the right thing by going for a run. It is a very
smart animal.
....Stepan

Ross Mac

wrote:

[...]

OT- Site Yields Early Evidence of Fire Gunner Metalworking 2 May 3rd 04 06:16 AM
Gas fire flue extract... Magog UK diy 0 February 28th 04 02:46 PM
Advice on living flame gas fire Stuart UK diy 11 December 2nd 03 12:47 PM
gas fire leak test andy smith UK diy 5 September 26th 03 11:28 PM