Green Giant

Default 46/49MHz? 900MHz? 2.4GHz? Which cordless phone to use?

Hi.

For years the old cordless phone we have been using operates on
46/49MHz. Recently I'd wanted to purchase a cordless phone that has
Caller ID. That happened the other day. I bought a Uniden 2.4GHz
(Model EXI 3246C). I'd read on a NG that a 2.4GHz phone was the phone
to get for high security and long range. I don't know about high
security, but the range stunk. It didn't get out nearly as far as the
old phone. In addition, there was a hint of "pink noise" ever present
in the background. This was occurring on every channel that I tried.

Another NG post said that they had had good luck with a 900MHz phone.
So I went out and bought another Uniden phone. This one was a 900MHz
(Model EXI 376C). Same identical problems: Short range and "pink
noise."

The reason I went with Uniden was that the old phone does such a great
job. In addition, I've owned a few Uniden Bearcat scanners over the
years and their products have impressed me.

This short range and pink noise......is it something common to high
frequency phones? Or is it something common to Uniden phones? If
it's common to Uniden phones, can somebody recommend another brand and
model? I just need a simple Caller ID phone without an answering
machine.

Thanks for any help!!!
L1ange bleu

I have had the same experience with Uniden's phones..I've switched to Sony and
I'm very pleased with it...Also, you can try the Radio Shack series...I have
one before the Sony and I had good results with it.
Alphie
Cyrus

Your both new phones are Analog, for clear sound quality get DSS ( Digital
Spread Spectrum ) phones.
We have 2 uniden , for more than 4 years , one 900Mhz DSS and other one is
2.4 Ghz DSS.Still is working only replaced battery on both of them.Check
this web site for Uniden DSS Phones.

http://www.uniden.com/product.cfm?product=TRU346&page=3

Hope this info Helps
Cyrus ( reply to group Please )
"Green Giant" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Larry Fowkes

frequency phones? Or is it something common to Uniden phones? If
it's common to Uniden phones, can somebody recommend another brand and
model? I just need a simple Caller ID phone without an answering
machine.

Thanks for any help!!!

The Siemens gigaset series is excellent although quite pricey. I have the
two line version with caller ID. It's a 2.4 ghz spread spectrum set. I get a
good signal all the way to my mailbox, about 1200 feet or more. Cost of a
base with one handset was around 200 dollars, when I purchased it about 3
years ago. It has been completely reliable up to this point.

Larry Fowkes