Senior Member

Question Friedland Wireless Doorbell - Faulty Speaker/LM386

I am trying to repair a Friedland wireless doorbell receiver which has stopped sounding the chime.

I have found that the 16 Ohm speaker is no longer working. The amplifier circuit for the speaker is an LM386.

If I connect a small external powered amplifier to pin 3 of the LM386, I can hear the chime.

What I found odd was that with a 12V DC supply to the LM386, there is approximately 5V DC continuously on the output (pin 5) and about 4.7V DC after the 220µF DC block capacitor where the speaker connects?

Is this normal or could that be why the speaker has failed?

Wireless Doorbell Robert Green Home Repair 21 February 9th 12 03:41 PM
Wireless Doorbell gregz Home Repair 6 January 29th 12 07:27 PM
Wireless doorbell & BT Homehub Allan UK diy 12 June 22nd 11 11:47 AM
LM386 to 3.2 ohm speaker? Father Haskell Electronics 3 April 27th 10 03:19 PM
Friedland wireless door bell doesn't work - wrong battery? [email protected] UK diy 4 March 3rd 06 10:07 AM