Victor J. Servin

Default Pioneer 60" Projection Tv

Hi I had this Pioneer 60" projection tv for year, without any problem,
two month ago the flyback died so i call a tv repair tech service to
replace it, It seems t6hat the guy never did service to a projection
tv because he tried to remove the mirror case and obiously broke the
mirror. I got the new Flyback but the problem is I live in Paraguay,
SouthAmerica, we do not have certified Pioneer service or parts so i
have to buy the Mirror from USA. It will cost me 400$ to bring it
here.
So i Buy the best quality mirror i could find and cut in the same size
and shape than the original one.
The Problem is that now the image its all wrong in the center its ok
but in the side it haves this trapezoid shpe and the colors are
totally unfocus,
I friend of my told me that this is configurable from the service menu
but i have no ideas about the values i have to put into it.
If somebody has an idea what can i do, or how to program these i would
really appreciate it.
The Tv is Pioneer SD-p6091
Thanks!
VJS
Arthur Jernberg

Suggest that you contact Pioneer directly and purchase a service manual from
them, this will assist you in servicing the product. Also the mirror you
bought locally may have different physical characteristics than does the
original from Pioneer. Many of the RPJ mirrors are front surface devices.
Most locally available mirrors are rear surface and will produce defects in
video reproduction when used in RPJ applications. When contacting Pioneer
ask them if their mirror must be a front surface device.
"Victor J. Servin" wrote in message
om...
[...]

James Sweet

"Arthur Jernberg" wrote in message
Suggest that you contact Pioneer directly and purchase a service manual

from
them, this will assist you in servicing the product. Also the mirror you
bought locally may have different physical characteristics than does the
original from Pioneer. Many of the RPJ mirrors are front surface devices.
Most locally available mirrors are rear surface and will produce defects

in
video reproduction when used in RPJ applications. When contacting Pioneer
ask them if their mirror must be a front surface device.

Perhaps you could find a scrapped projection TV and take the mirror from it.

JURB6006

Dude, just go find a guy that cuts glass and bring him a bigger mirror than you
need. We busted a Sony mirror at the shop once. Geez, we don't even care about
the money, what happened is that three mirrors arrive in a row all broken. ****
we already HAD a broken one !

Many RPTVs no longer use front surface mirrors, the performance difference is
just not worth it. If it uses two mirrors the situation is different, but I'm
pretty sure that one only uses one mirror. You'll never notice the difference.

JURB
Leonard Caillouet

****
we already HAD a broken one !

Many RPTVs no longer use front surface mirrors, the performance difference

is
just not worth it. If it uses two mirrors the situation is different, but

I'm
pretty sure that one only uses one mirror. You'll never notice the

difference.

The customer may never notice the difference and a tech who isn't interested
will not notice the difference. It is a subtle enough effect that unless
you have both mirrors there to swap and compare, the picture with the normal
mirror may look acceptable. However, for the critical viewer, the
performance difference between surface coated and standard mirrors is
certainly worth it.

I have made direct comparisons several times and there is a very clear
difference in the picture. It is the cost that is the matter for the
manufacturers and performance is a much lower priority. In a head to head
comparison most consumers will choose the brightest picture with moderate
detail rather than the more high resolution picture. Since the mirror
difference affects detail much more than brightness, it is more sales
effective to cut costs and crank up the torches.

Leonard Caillouet

Leonard Caillouet

The mylar mirrors eventually get a hazy look that is nearly impossible to
clear. They are easily damaged by attempts to clean them. Surface coated
mirrors can easily be cleaned successfully without damage. I have not
directly compared the clarity of the two at the screen level, but just
looking at the mylar mirrors my impression is that they are not as good.

Leonard Caillouet

Subject: Pioneer 60" Projection Tv
From: "Leonard Caillouet"

I have made direct comparisons several times and there is a very clear
difference in the picture.

What is your opinion of glass (either type) compared to the stretched

mylar
type? Is the difference worth converting?
John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)

Victor J. Servin

There is one strange problem, the mirror a send to cut it exactly the
same size of the original, but the image is smaller and a little
distorted, to be precise its has perfect convergence in the center,
but in the side its awful, its look like a sand clock the base and the
top are larger that the middle part of the screen, i manage to learn
the way the Tv is Configurated in service mode, but i can correct that
effect, i have another 50" tv from pioneer, i will remove the mirror
from that one so i can see if there is any difference there.
its strange cause my 50" also had a broken mirror and i do exactly the
same, but that waqs 6 years ago and i can remember what kind of mirror
was.
Thanks.
VJS
P.S: I maybe can get one Sony mirror cause the factory is in Brazil, a
lot closer for me the buy in it from the states!!!, so u think it will
work?