Brad Petria

Default Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem

Hi,

In shop is a Zenith TV A25A11D 9-1790-1 with bad tuner 175-2721. The
clock or data line (don't remember which) was pulled low. With the tuner
removed, the level is normal on both lines. I ordered a new tuner from
LG-Zenith. I installed the tuner, powered up the TV. This time, snow and
rush sound occurred (didn't before). I ran auto program, but no channels were
found. Note: I confirmed good signals were present at cable. An article in
E S&T 10/00 by Bob Rose states, "when you install one of them (tuner), you
must make certain modifications to the control circuit, or the new L.G.
Electronics tuner won't work. Note: There were no instructions with tuner.
I called LG-Zenith and told the person about it, but she said she doesn't know
anything.
Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.shtml (info or download)

David

Follow the 5v line back, the modification is on those with a simple dropping
resistor (like yours) it needs lowered in value to bring the 5v line back
up.

You will probably measure the 5v line low right now. I cannot remember the
exact value, but I think it was to replace it with a 120ohm 2 watt
resistor?????

David
Brad Petria wrote in message
[...]

David Harris

Change RX3417 to 220 ohms. That will get you going.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Isn't LG/Zenith sad, sad, sad? Zero support while we twist and turn
in the hot desert wind.
bigmike

"David Harris" wrote in message
om...
Change RX3417 to 220 ohms. That will get you going.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Isn't LG/Zenith sad, sad, sad? Zero support while we twist and turn
in the hot desert wind.

Especially considering what Zenith use to be at one time.